Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by scorpiaprincess

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by scorpiaprincess
Serenade of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Member Name: scorpiaprincess
Cruise Date: November 2011
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: E2
See More About: Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Serenade of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans
Serenade of the Seas Nov 13, 2011 Sailing
In lieu of having a big birthday bash for the BIG 3-0, I decided to go on a cruise to celebrate. My boyfriend who had never been a cruise before was psyched about the whole deal. I have previoulsy traveled on the Radiance of Seas in 2003 and also travelled on Carinval Cruise lines.

Day of Embrakation: We left NYC and flew down to San Juan. We had pre-booked the airport transfers. We landed at 3pm. There was an RCI rep who was ready to escourt us to the bus that would transport us to the ship. They took our luggage on another truck that would then send the bags to the room later that day. The ride from the airport to the ship was less than 20 minutes. When I first saw the ship up close, it was grand as I imagined. Embarkation was a breeze. There was no wait in line. We showed our passports, set up the Seapass account and was heading to board the ship. Of course, there were staff memebrs trying to take your photo (one of a million they took during the week). We were walking into our stateroom a little after 4pm.

Our stateroom was 8124 (aft deluxe cabin with a balcony). The bathroom is as small as they described. The room was comfortable for the two of us. We dropped our carry-on luggage and heading to WindJammer to get a late lunch.

Windjammer had a variety of food, from the All-American burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, as well as the varity of hot dishes. We then decided to walk around the ship to explore a little. We had late seating dinner (8:30pm) so we went to the Reflections dining room to see where I table was going to located for the week. We were pleased that our travel agent was able to secure a 2-person table (#487 for us that was right by the window). Don't get me wrong, we have no problem being seated with others, but preferred for my birthday week to just be able to spend time alone while we dined. We opted out of the My-Time dining as we happy with just eating at 8:30pm. It was a little after 7pm and we decided to see if I luggage had arrived. We were so happy that the luggage was there and waiting for us. We were then introduced to our stateroom attendant (Sean St. John). He was very pleasant and answered any an all concerns I had for the week. We then changed our clothes for the casual dinner for the evening. Our waiter (Harshdeep) and asst. waiter (Jacqueline) gave us the best service for the entire week we were on the ship. Every night, the suggestion made on dinner selection never failed (and I can be a picky eatter at times). Jackie was very helpful and remember certain request, such as I preferred tea over coffee and wine selections.

There was one show that night at the Tropical Theatre. The comedian routine was rather dry and we chose to not see the other shows for the week for two reasons. They were at 7pm which was pre-dinner shows ans we wanted to used the extra hour to get a cat nap in before dinner and to not feel rush after coming back to the ship after being out all day.

The cruise director, Ricky from Jamaica, was very energetic and seems to really keep the crowd attention.

We ended each evening with taking a night stroll on the upper deck of the ship.

OVERALL: the experience was very nice. The staff was amazing. From, the stateroom, attendant, to the dining staff, the cruise director staff, everyone was pleasant and warm. The stateroom was adequate since we spent little time in thee but it was big enough for the two of us. The ship was in good shape and did not look dated or run down. We continuously say the upkeep of the ship daily. Unless you have a food allergy there, is a wide variety and endless food. Glad I only gained 2lbs from this cruise lol.

Publication Date: 11/25/11
Read the Southern Caribbean ports review by scorpiaprincess
More Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Serenade of the Seas review Read the next Serenade of the Seas review

More Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews