Carnival Magic Cruise Review by manbearpig33

Member Name: manbearpig33
Cruise Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 6A

Worst Cruise Ever- Horrible!
This cruise was by far the worst I've ever been on. Where do I begin? The food was no better than a high school cafeteria. It was bland, cold, and barely edible. I was served an omlette that was so raw in the middle that it turned into a mushy mess on the plate. I was served chicken that was pink in the middle. Yuck!

The ship is big, and very pretty. However, they crammed as many people as they could onto the ship. There were crowds and lines for everything. You couldn't turn around without running into somebody. It's like going to Disneyland.

You can't escape the smell of cigarette smoke. You breathe it in on the outside decks, around the pool, and on the inside public spaces. If you want a whiff of fresh ocean air, you have to wake up very early.

There are no enrichment classes. Only classes that are designed to sell you something.

There is a bar every ten feet and a lot of drunk people on board.

The pool areas are loud and smoky! They play rock and rap so loud all day that I'm sure the fish in the ocean had to cover their ears as the ship passed!

Now for the bad part- The ship had a broken rudder and we had to go to Progresso for two days instead of Costa Maya for one day. Progresso is okay, but it is not a place I would choose to go. I was looking forward to Costa Maya and I missed a great shore excursion there.

After Progresso, I ate seafood newberg in the dining room on the ship. About an hour later, I felt nauseous. I proceeded to throw up and have diarrhea all night. It was horrible!

The next morning I told guest services that I had gotten food poisoning from the seafood newberg. They told me to go to the medical center for complimentary treatment. The doctor gave me medicine and told me I was confined to my cabin for 24 hours.

I missed Cozumel, where I had a fantastic excursion planned. Instead I spent the day in my cabin while the ship was in port. Honestly, I don't know if it was food poisoning or the norovirus. Either way, my vacation was ruined.

I thought that Carnival would surely refund my cruise money because of my misery. I am naive that way. I expect people to do the right thing. They told me that they could do absolutely nothing for me and basically that it was my tough luck. So sorry!

I tried to talk with the higher up managers, thinking the lower level people couldn't do anything. Long story short- No one will do anything to help you if this happens to you. They don't care. It's company policy. No money back no matter how terrible your vacation was. Nada. Not a dime. Nothing you can do.

I was sooo angry. I realized that when you purchase a cruise, you are taking many risks over which you have no control.

Carnival will not part with any money you pay them.

I will never sail on Carnival again.

Publication Date: 11/25/11