Carnival Elation Cruise Review by Watery Dan: A good getaway cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Western Caribbean Cruises

A good getaway cruise

Sail Date: November 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans

We arrived in New Orleans 3 days early to enjoy a bit of the city. Had a nice relaxing time touring the city. We got the message late the the Elation would be arriving into port late. Had to make late checkout arrangements with our hotel. I watched the ship sail into port on the New Orleans Bridgecam. That was neat.

We were a group of four 60+ adults. One member has oxygen therefore we needed a wheelchair. We also had VIP boarding, but the wait in line was still very long. The Wheelchair boarding for the ladies was good but they did not keep the party together therefore the ladies were on board quite a while before us guys. The VIP didn't mean a lot after you got through check-in. We were in line with everyone else.

The ship is old, but clean. The room was nice but dated. The bathroom was generous and the shower fine. Our steward, Paula, was fine. There seemed to be a lot of the crew working on items from the drydock. The ship is the right size for our age group and it More was probably the smoothest cruise I have taken.

The food was fair. There was a decent variety and you could get as much as you wanted. I just didn't finish a lot of the meals. The waiters are good and responsive. The wait for meals was not long. The buffet was good - not great.

The beds were very good. I got a lot of rest so this was a good cruise for me. Didn't take this cruise for the ports.

Wheelchair debarkation was fine. Less