Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Nursekimmypie: 1st time on Royal Caribbean-- going back to Princess
Member Since 2009
Compare Prices on Mariner of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises
1st time on Royal Caribbean-- going back to Princess
I've been on QE2 to Europe- 3X on Carnival and 2X on Princess. All 7 days or longer. This was my first time on RCL.
What I liked/loved:
1. The promenade deck is gorgeous- just like a real mall
2. Tons of bars and great music
3. The ice show was fantastic- very talented skaters
4. The Casino had a lot of games and live poker because the poker pro was broken
5. The Solarium (although alot of it is in shade) It is free.
6. Showers- they are circular with doors that actually close so water doesn't get everywhere.
7. Fitness Center- free classes if you could get up by 7:00 am
8. 2 large hot tubs in the Solarium. No kids. Another in the fitness center.
What I didn't like/hated:
1. No irons or washing machines- you have to pay $25 for a bag of Laundry
2. No food or drinks out close to the pools- you have to walk a long way to get water, lemonade or a snack.
3. My husband and I are dancers and our normal cruise schedule is hang More out at the pool all day, eat early, dance from 7-9, go to the casino. They had almost NO dancing before 10 PM. This is an older crowd and they should have dancing in one or two venues from 7-9. Princess does it the best.
4. The Desserts-- HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE-- I am now an official member or the one bite club-- couldn't eat more. Even the sweet breakfast pastries had no sweetness. I find it impossible for 90% of the desserts to be this bad.
5. Staff is less than friendly. Only those working in the dining room and our stateroom attendant were pleasant.
6. They don't provide samples for lotion, conditioner, toothpaste. NOTHING!
7. Room was very tiny-- we always stay interior cabin and this was the smallest.
8. Their policy is you can't bring your own sodas and energy drinks. we did anyway, but if they aren't going to enforce it, then why make it a policy?
9. Food overall was just OK. Lot's went uneaten (wasted) due to it didn't taste anything like what it was supposed to be. The salad bar is good. Less
Read more Mariner of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Mariner of the Seas Review >>
Cabin review: Mariner of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 6
6643- Great location. Close to Promenade, all dining rooms, and Casino. Not too close or too far from the elevator. It was very small compared to other cruise lines. The showers are great, as the doors actually close and water doesn't leak out. The closet space was just so/so, but we made it work.
Port and Shore Excursions
A cruise not up to RCI standar...
Quiet cruise (too quiet)
My 5 Night Cruise on the Carni...
Our first cruise
First RC Cruise - Great
Enjoyable first Asia cruise, a...