Carnival Pride Cruise Review by jhg20852

Member Name: jhg20852
Cruise Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bermuda
See More About: Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Baltimore to Bermuda
I was with other family members on this cruise on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore to Bermuda. After reading so many bad reviews about this particular cruise I wonder if I was on the same cruise. Most everyone looked like they were having a nice vacation. What do people REALLY expect, it was not the fault of Carnival Cruise line that the ship ran into bad weather and was a day late getting back to Baltimore. If you are that concerned about the extra cost of a hotel, you should have bought insurance. You took a chance if you did not. How do you think the crew felt after being on that last cruise? They had to put up with lots of nasty sick people, clean the ship on overtime hours and smile at all the new passengers as they boarded a day late in Baltimore. And why are people complaining so strongly about the $15 a day to park in Baltimore. Honey you better not visit DC, if your budget is that tight then you really should stay home. Because the competition is so intense the prices for the cruise are as cheap as possible. I paid less for this cruise than I did for the same level cabin on my first cruise over 20 years ago!! Is there anything else you can say that about? Compare the cost of food with 20 years ago? Fuel? Clothing? The list goes on. I live in Bethesda, Maryland and dinner alone would cost as much as my daily cost of the cruise. I am shocked Carnival is able to provide this level of vacation at this price.

My food in the dining room was fine, the service was fine, my cabin guy was kind and nice. The ship was extremely clean. I am sorry we missed one of the Broadway style shows, but we lost a day, get over it! I can say the only thing that really bothered me on this cruise was all the people smoking in the Casino, that place was like a cloud. If that was my only "bitch" then I had a great cruise. Being my 51st or 52nd cruise I must say many things were nice. The cabins are apacious, beds are very supportive and comfortable, bathroom in the cabin is nice, ship was clean, ship has a very user friendly floor plan - flow.

Publication Date: 11/24/11