MSC Poesia Cruise Review by jeande607

MSC Poesia
Member Name: jeande607
Cruise Date: November 2011
Cabin Category: 6
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
Poesia Caribbean
After reading many reviews about MSC Poesia, I was anxious to experience the cruise for myself. The ship is gorgeous and spotless. We were greeted on arrival and escorted to our cabin by the cabin stewards. They were lined up in white jackets and waiting to escort all passengers. Very impressive and nice to not be attacked by drink waiters upon boarding the ship. Drinks were not pushed and not sold in the theater. That was very pleasant. The staff was very professional and helpful. We did not have a problem with anyone.

The entertainment team, which I had not seen on other ships was fantastic. They were so full of energy and got everyone involved in the activities. The cabin was spacious and had lots of storage. The bathroom was very convenient and bigger than some others I have seen on other cruise lines. The pool area was wonderful. Lots of room to just sit around the pool and get your feet wet, showers, and waterfalls that people enjoyed. Pool chairs were nice because they had a top on them if you wanted to use it to keep shaded. Pool towels were available at the pool deck.

The buffet on the 13th deck was very pleasant and nice seating with ocean view. The food was put out in ceramic dishes on warmers which seemed smaller than other buffets I have seen but they were replenished often. The servers were watching it carefully. The breads were wonderful, kind of in an odd spot on the buffet line but there was a lot of different items to choose from. The opposite side of the cafeteria was ethnic food, pizza and deli items. I enjoyed the garlic pasta served from a special Italian table. Desserts were beautiful and many different kinds of cakes, pies, jello, etc. Some of them were Italian style which made them different than we are used to. The pizza was great....my son is still raving about it. The salad bar was fresh and as complete as most salad bars.

The entertainment around the ship was great. There was music everywhere at night. The string trio in the main lobby and the small gigs in the lounges made the nights very enjoyable. The theater is beautiful and designed so that everyone can see. The shows were WONDERFUL. We enjoyed all of them and did not mind the different languages that had to be used to introduce the show. We were so jealous of those that can speak so many languages.

I know I have more to write, but these are the main highlights. When asked if I would o on this ship again.....no doubt about it. We enjoyed it. My son and his friend age 23 had a ball. The "Shiprock" activities that were going on while we were there did not bother us. It added for more interesting people watching. It is different from the other lines that we are used to but we loved it.

In Costa Maya, short taxi ride to the small village and the beach is all we needed to have a perfect day. This is a beautiful port. In Cozumel, we shopped until we dropped!

Publication Date: 11/24/11