Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by 987bca: Mariner of the seas....disappointing

987bca
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Mariner of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Mariner of the seas....disappointing

Sail Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Galveston

Despite many good reviews, the Mariner needs some improvement.

This is one I will NOT do again. and I loved RCCL...but will go back to Carnival.

Main thing is the buffet on the pool deck closed at 9pm and it seemed so did everything else around the pool area deck...Nothing..if you wanted to just sit out around the pool deck and have a drink of whatever..you had to go to deck 5 to a very small cafe, or bar from deck 11 to get it...I have never been on any ship that did this. No really good snacks after dinner shut down.

Nice ship...we had great waiters, Henry and David, and very good room steward but no ammenities in room once ran out of toliet paper during the wee hours...so very skimpy on replacements...and no paper and pen like other ships had in the room...carnival had packets with good razors...Royal Caribbean's cuts are noticable.

Best show was the ice skate show you had to get tickets for to get a good seat.

One lady was called to pursers More desk where her luggage was opened and searched in front of other passengers walking by..later I talked to her, they insisted she had liquor but was hairspray but they were not satisfied with that and insisted she had liquor...her first cruise...how embarrassing.. I know travel agents who bring their own liquor aboard..Their behavior was unacceptable.

Their wait staff told them only one lobster per person...never had that happen. on a ship before..but I had 2. Depends on the waiter, I guess.Getting on and off the ship was not great either...long lines...long waits...14 cruises and I have waited before but never like this...they should put chairs along the way for people who nearly fell out.

This is one ship I will never do again. Less

Read more Mariner of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Mariner of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Mariner of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 6

7437....Great inside room...all good here with area...close to library and perfect for us. Closest door said emergency exit or something like that, but it leads to the library and quick exit to elevators/stairs...

I like this port...always tendered in but interesting.

A very touristy place. Nice but same thing everytime...but would go again.
Read 3083 Cozumel Reviews

Love Grand Cayman..Beautiful waters...very safe.

Poor Country..but improving.