Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Sirwinston: Six Magic Nights.

Carnival Magic 5
Member Since 2006
1,130 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Six Magic Nights.

Sail Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Galveston

I really enjoyed my six night cruise on the new Dream Class Carnival Magic. An improved version of the Carnival Dream which I sailed on in November of 2009. I give high ratings for a comfy balcony stateroom and very good food.
I was able to dine in the main dinning room Northern Lights. All of the dinner appetizers and entrees were very good. I especially liked the lobster and the prime rib. I also enjoyed very much the Prime Steakhouse which served a very nice meal of escargots, crispy Caesar salad, excellent lamb a perfect medium rare and, the always to die for "chocolate sampler". I also enjoyed the new Italian Restaurant "Cucina del Capitano". Come hungry to the steak house or the Italian Restaurant. In the later I enjoyed an amazing anti-pasta, Mozzarella and tomato and chicken Parmesan, finished with an amazing "Magic Tiramisu", hot and foamy Cappuccino, and Sambuca. Also the carafe house wine was excellent.
Friends and myself enjoyed a relaxed sea day More lunch in the Red Frog Pub.
I liked the Thirsty Frog beer which we shared in the 100 ounce tube. We shared reasonably priced small bites pub food. Very fun time. We next headed out to the water slides and Serenity adults only area. The Serenity deck which is no charge always had lots of nice deck chairs and loungers. Also it has fun hammocks and multi person sun mattresses.

The water slides on this ship are intense and very fun.
the whole water park area was very fun with more "Big kids" than small ones enjoying it. Sort of works that it is close to Serenity deck. I could sun and then cool off with a thrilling ride on the twister water slide. Also very enjoyable were the two main pool areas and the hot tubs hanging over the side of the ship. I really liked walking on the "sky track".

The Promenade deck 5 has fun indoor and outdoor attractions. I also used this to get in my lap walking time. The magic has a very good gym with stunning views over the bow of the ship. I enjoyed my morning work outs very much.
I need to mention that the 70's style show groove was a lot of fun and not to be missed. I also had a fun late night in the Disco also on 5 deck. They had cool shot glasses that light up that you get to take home.
The Carnival Magic is a great new addition to the Carnival Fleet. This Platinum Carnival Cruiser thinks she may be the line's best ship so far. Overall great food, good service, and lots of fun.
I liked the ship's decor. It really helped put me in the vacation mood. Less

Published 11/24/11

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 8C8254 Balcony

Good Location. Very Quiet. Lots of closet space. Nice balcony that was sunny enough to lounge on on the last sea day. Only had to walk up two flight of stairs to get to lido and all the fun.

Read All Balcony (8C) Reviews >>

Sort of only barely got off the ship due to late night in the disco the night before...
Read 4620 Cozumel Reviews

The 5 plus is really for the excellent tour I took of Chcichen Itza. We did the Light and sound evening show. Something I will never forget. This is the best of all the Mayan ruin sites. This port was a last minute change due to a thruster problem.
Read 367 Progreso Reviews

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Member Since 2006
1,130 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X