Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by queenkarp

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by queenkarp
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: queenkarp
Cruise Date: November 2011
Cabin Category: D1

THE ABSOLUTE WORST CRUISE OF 29 TAKEN
We were so looking forward to our 4-night getaway to de-stress; a 4 night cruise on RCCL Liberty of the Seas on November 17, 2011. From the moment we arrived it was like a chapter of Murphy's Law: Livid on the high seas.

We arrived at Port Everglades at 12:30pm. The line to enter the check-in reached around three sides of the terminal, in the beating Florida sun. My companion is handicapped,and we inquired about having him wait on a chair inside the building while I waited in line, but we were told everyone must wait in the line.

Once we got into the terminal, we were escorted to the check-in for our deck. We waited 1 hr and 15 minutes to finally reach the desk. I began to get dizzy and nauseous in the over-crowded, non-airconditioned holding group. Once we got to the front of the line, it took all of 15 minutes to check our reservations, passport, health certificate, have pictures taken and issue of the Sea-Pass. It seemed to me that there were more photographers in the terminal than there were agents! We recently went on the mega ship Allure. Our entire check-in process was completed like clockwork, and we found ourselves on the way to our cabin in 15 minutes or so. Twice as many passengers, a fraction of the check-in time.

We found our room to be unacceptable; dust bunnies the size of my Yorkie and crumpled candy papers under the bed, the tv also thick with dust, rust and mold all over the balcony (mold in sea water?????), a clogged rust and lime coated shower head, a was of hair on the back of the toilet, no robes, and only 1 drinking glass caused and extremely livid cabin mate. We called housekeeping and were told they couldn't do anything and that we needed to go to Guest Services. After waiting in line for a good hour, we were told that they needed to contact Housekeeping. Evently, we had to prove the problems to the Housekeeping Manager, and the next day, the attendant corrected most of the problems. We received the robes sometime while we were at 8:30 dinner on the night before departure. A little late? On the final day of the cruise, a bottle of champagne was placed in the room as an apology from Housekeeping.

My RCCL shareholder credit was never entered into my on-board account, and it wasn't until the final day of the cruise that I found the credit on my folio. Both Guest Services agents told me they would call and email my stateroom as soon as the received notification of the credit from the Main office, but they never did.

We pre-booked Saturday Night Fever for the 6:30 show on Saturday night and I have the email confirmation for the reservation. We did not find out that the show was postponed unti the next evening until we showed up at the venue and the room was dark. Back to Guest Services where we were non-chalantly told that the show was moved to the next night. Thanks for the heads-up guys!

We read in the daily compass that everyone attending bingo that day would receive a free t-shirt. When we didn't get them, I inquired and was told by the bingo caller, Cici, that there was a printing error; they did not have the shirts to give out. How about a plain RCCL t-shirt instead guys?

The waiter twice forget an item of food that I ordered and made no effort to make good on the mistake. I was handed back the wrong Sea-Pass at the bar, so it was back to Guest Services for a review of my charges and a new card.

The Windjammer closed at 9 pm every night. 9 pm. Are they serious? I just wanted some Iced Tea to take back to the room, and it is not available at any of the Royal Promenade venues.

Retrieval of the bags on the day of departure was more painful than check-in. We were told to leave the ship at 10:30, and it took us over an hour of waiting in line, again in the beating sunshine with no where for my handicapped friend to sit, until we finally reached our bags. Customs was another 45 minute wait in an un-air-conditioned terminal. As the Customs Agent put it, "It's twice as hot as the African desert in here."

It was a nightmare of a cruise. The worst of my 29 cruises. I spent more time with the Hotel Manager and Guest Services (or waiting for them) than I did enjoying the on-board activities. I am a Platinum Crown and Anchor Society Member, I am a RRCL stockholder, and I am a "valued" RCCL passenger. RCCL used to be my favorite cruise line. Now I am wondering whether or not to give up my loyalty and favor another line. This cruise really left a bad taste in my mouth.

One high point, we did dine at the Captain's Table on formal night. An experience that was the highlight of this cruise from hell.

Publication Date: 11/23/11