Noordam Cruise Review by Alfturd: Disappointment (Noordam)

Alfturd
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Noordam Southern Caribbean Cruises

Disappointment (Noordam)

Sail Date: November 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean

We have traveled on HAL in the past to the Panama Canal and it was fabulous. I will just list the disappoints on Noordam; which we will not be traveling again on anytime soon.
1. I asked for an ashtray 4 times didn't get one so used a glass; then I finally got one.
2. No ice in the ice bucket the 1st night.
3. Both night stands had saltine crackers, Splenda and SweetnLow in them (UCK)
4. Pinacle Bar;ordered 2 drinks; wanted another 2 and too busy to get to us; we left.
5. Wine steward didn't take drink orders unless you were ordering wine and then he paid close attention to you. We did finally get a couple of drinks one night,he forgot to charge our card; we told him the next night and instead of apologizing he asked for our card; his mistake; should not have taken card (in my opinion).
6. Our safe failed 4 times; 1st and 2nd time reset, 3rd time new batteries and 4th reset. We have used the same code for 10 years; so I know it wasn't us. Frustrating when More it's a formal night and you can't get to your belongings.
7. Toilet backed up @ 5:30 a.m., and was told the plumber would be out to fix @ 8:00 a.m., not good enough; finally someone came (probable around 6:00 a.m.)
8. We spoke with some other cruisers who were just as disappointed; mainly with the staff. Their attitudes and personalities were just not up to par.
9. The poolside bar in the back of ship was the worse. Smiles actually did appear on their faces on the last day of the cruise. Was hard to get service, it was like they were ignoring you; yet another disappointment.
10. I have to say the best crew member on the Noordam was Roman in the Sport's Bar; every night we showed up, he had our drinks, was kind, talked with us and it was just pleasant. That is how cruising should be. They may be overworked, but we are still the customers.
11. The tours were fantastic; I was a little upset when going to Grand Turk only to find out the Catamaran cruise was canceled; it was canceled because there were not enough people to go; and things like that happen. Less

Read more Noordam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Noordam Review >>

Cabin review: Noordam Superior Verandah Suite Navigation 8084

Balcony was nice; TV in odd location to watch in bed or a rainy day; hallway was quiet.

(5)
Another interesting tour; very informative.

(5)
All in all very interesting and enjoyed it very much.

(5)
We have been there before and wanted to see the other side of the island and it was beautiful.
Read 1069 Reviews

Didn't go on any tours just stayed on the ship that day; but did hear that the snorkeling and diving was fantastic.
Read 238 Bonaire Reviews

I wanted to take an excursion on the 78'Catamaran, however, it was canceled due to lack of people; we did go shopping and of course that made it all better. I love the Turks and Caicos and really wanted to explore; but that didn't happen.