Ruby Princess Cruise Review by TSOCM@704: First time cruiser on Ruby Princess

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

First time cruiser on Ruby Princess

Sail Date: November 2011

The Ruby Princess is a beautiful ship. However, the boat was rocky at times - The folks I talked to who were experienced cruisers said that the boat rocked more than others they had been on - One gentleman said he had been on 16 cruises and he only had 2 where the boat rocked quite a bit and this trip was one of the 2. I did not get sick but felt like my balance was off ---- was glad that we chose a ship that only had 2 sea days. So with this said I was not ready to say that I would cruise again right away --- previously I thought that I would like to book to back but won't do that until we cruise again ---- I did wear the sea band but was hesitant to do anything else because I am very sensitive to medicine.

Getting off and off the ship was very easy - no problem there. I booked an inside room midship Baja deck--- was a little leary but found it was fine. I was very impressed at how quiet the room was --- very seldom did I hear someone in the hallway. The room was big More enough and we were not in it very much so I am glad we saved some money with the inside room. We enjoyed going to the top deck when we were going in and out of port to enjoy the view.

I thought the lunch/diner food was good -- not exceptional. However, I did think that the pizza was great!!! AND....the little desserts in the piazza were wonderful....you had a variety of small desserts to choose from ...so you could have a bite of everything...also enjoyed having lattes at the international cafe.

Entertainment -- We enjoyed the shows and was impressed with all of the activities.

I thought that the service was outstanding. I had to get used to being waited on ---- one of the cruisers told me to just sit back and relax and enjoy .... so I did that. I am retired but realized after I got home that I really did feel relaxed....

My husband and I love the beach - we visited Princess Cay, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Grand Turk. Our favorite was Grand Turk - the water was so blue and clear and I enjoyed hunting for sea glass. We also enjoyed St. Maarten - Dutch side because we enjoyed the beach and the shopping prices were less expensive than St. Thomas. Princess Cays was nice -- it was relaxing. Not to impressed with St. Thomas - we went to Megans Bay -- was OK -- maybe we need to try something else.

I will cruise again but will only look for 2 sea days and will try another line just to see what they are all about. Less

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Ruby Princess Interior Double Baja Deck

I booked an inside room midship Baja deck--- was a little leary but found it was fine. I was very impressed at how quiet the room was --- very seldom did I hear someone in the hallway. The room was big enough and we were not in it very much so I am glad we saved some money with the inside room.