Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Rgott: Carnival Dream 11/05/11

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Dream 11/05/11

Sail Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Recently got back from an Eastern Caribbean sailing on the Carnival Dream. When I booked the cruise, the ports of call were Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. When we arrived in Port Canaveral, we were told the ship would not be stopping in Nassau because they claimed "adverse weather conditions". We were informed we would be refunded $1.62 per person. WOW! No Nassau, but we got a little more than $3.00 to spend between my wife and I. This was later changed to $20 per person, which is still pretty lousy seeing as it was only the taxes we had already paid for the port. Sailed on the Carnival Destiny in Oct. 2010 and they had to change ports, and they gave everyone a $50 on board credit, plus we still got the same amount of ports. This time, we went from three scheduled ports to just two, and we get nothing. I later spoke with guests of two other cruise ships while sitting on the beach in St. Thomas, and they both advised that they did go to Nassau on the same day we were supposed to More (despite the supposedly adverse weather) and had a good time. They described the trip as a little rocky, but nice weather.

Once on board the ship, we were able to go directly to our room. We had a balcony room, which was nice. The only problem was Carnival allows people to smoke on their balcony so we could smell smoke just about every time we went out there. Room steward was great.

Overall the ship had a lot to do, and the shows were good and the comedians were funny. The food, however, was terrible. As stated earlier, I sailed on the Destiny previously and it had great food, compared to that, Carnival Dreams food was terrible. Not sure why there was such a big difference between the two boats. I will most likely be trying another cruise line for my next cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>