Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by love2cruisehowboutu

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by love2cruisehowboutu
Norwegian Epic
Norwegian Epic
Member Name: love2cruisehowboutu
Cruise Date: November 2011
Cabin Category: B6
Entertainment 5+

The Epic was an Epic disapointment
The Embarkation was the easiest ever...got to the port at 2:00 by 2:30 we were standing in our cabin.

Our cabin was a B6 Large Balcony I am giving our cabin a overall score of 3 out of 5. The Cons: All though the new wave design was appealing it has been way over thought and the "no right angles" don't work! The most over worked idea was the bathroom, the toilet water smelled bad all the time & shower area wasn't much bigger than the Pearl and the sink belongs in the bathroom not in the cabin 2 feet away from the T.V. and the curtain that separates the bathroom from the rest of the living area just cheapens the look. We noticed there were pieces of paper stuck in between the seems of the roof and walls it wasn't until night two that I found out why...it was to keep the squeaking of the walls against the ceiling quiet i added a couple myself. Nothing to watch on T.V. at least we watched some T.V. on the Pearl HBO etc. on the Epic Nada unless you rented a movie $10.00!!The Pros: Extra storage space was great, the beds were as comfortable as expected the lighting was perfect and our steward was to notch....the balcony is the only thing taking this stateroom from a 3 to a 3!!

The Dining the Cons: "only one"......O'SHeehans this was the worst food I have ever had anywhere nothing was hot and i could do better in the Micro-Wave.

The Pros: We dined in the Garden Cafe, Taste, the Manhattan Room & payed to eat at Modernos ALL above our expectations!!! Try the Smoked Salmon Tartar...fit for a king ( I had it 6 times..Yum yum)

The entertainment was great we saw the Blue Man Group, Legends, 2ND City comedy troop and Fat Cats Blues Club and all were fantastic we would have went to the Cirque Dreams & Dinner but the price was $20 or $30 and you had limited menu options.

The pool area was good a little crowded at times but it was what can be expected. A lot more kids on this cruise than on the last one we went on this time of year but that was because of the Nickelodeon themes. I must admit it was cool watching Sponge Bob Square Pants walk By.

We enjoyed the game shows, themed parties and activities the only party that didn't make sense was the White Hot Party it was held in Spice H2O Deck 15 Aft. of ship (outside) in 18 knot we called it a night early and by 11:30 it had been rained out :( !! On the Pearl it was held in the Spinnaker Lounge went until 2:00 a.m. and it was the best.

The Casino was spot on I forgot I was at sea and not in Vegas. I would like to sea the Limits on the Poker tables drop from $100.00 cash games to $50.00 I think they would see more participants.

The Staff was great always helpful and friendly and we were not hounded to buy the drink of the day or other drinks at shows we got asked a hand full of times at the shows but nothing we had in the past.

Almost done last but not least the boat is not aerodynamic as mentioned earlier we had a mid ship cabin and we felt every dip and wave from Miami all the wave to St. Thomas and back. Now with that said we had some pretty rough seas and 18+ knot winds gusting to 20+ and you could really feel it from Decks 10 and above.

In closing the Epic just doesn't live up to the hype and the NCL Pearl set the bar rather high and the Epic doesn't hit the mark, I tried it and all in all enjoyed the cruise but probably wont sail the Epic again.

Publication Date: 11/23/11