Carnival Pride Cruise Review by JaniceB

Cruise Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: 8J
See More About: Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Pride to Bermuda - Nov 2011
This is was our first cruise to Bermuda, first cruise on the Pride, my 4th Carnival cruise and the second for my DH. It was also our first from Baltimore. We are in our 50's and were really looking forward to spending 3 days in Bermuda. Unfortunately our cruise was delayed by 1 day, so our itinerary was cut short.

We arrived at the Baltimore Cruise Terminal around 9 am, unloaded our luggage, paid to park and went into the terminal. The line was relatively short. We showed our boarding pass and passports and proceeded to the security line. We then went to the line to get our sail and sign cards. We were then allowed to board the ship, no waiting. We stopped and got our picture taken and then made our way onto the ship.

My first impression of the ship was beautiful. We were allowed to go right to our cabin on the deck 6. It was an extended balcony, our first, but unfortunately we didn't use it much. The weather was not the greatest. Our cabin was spacious and clean and our steward and his assistant greeted us when we arrived. The cabin also had a lot of storage.

It's very easy to navigate your way about the ship. It is well-maintained and the service was good. The staff-members throughout the ship were friendly. I didn't notice any damage from the previous cruise. Room service was prompt but my coffee was usually cold. We were always able to find a chair or lounge chairs in the adult's only Serenity area at the back of the ship.

Food was good, though not exceptional. There weren't as many choices in the main dining room as I've seen before. The Mermaid Grille buffet was good and had a wide variety of choices. I just didn't like the layout much. I thought it was crowded in places. We had breakfast a few times in the restaurant and a few days from the buffet. I wanted to try lunch in the restaurant but never made it. We usually ate lunch from the buffet at a table in the Serenity area. We did have dinner one night in the Steakhouse. My DH ordered the porterhouse and it was excellent. I ordered the surf and turf and while tasty, my filet was very small and thin. Neither one of us were happy with our soup choice or our side choice. My French Onion Soup was burnt and DH's mushrooms were tiny little pieces.

Entertainment was ok. The musicians we saw were good. I enjoyed some of the comedy shows. I only was able to see one production show Jazzin. The other show was cancelled due to rough seas.

We arrived in Bermuda on Wednesday at 1PM and it took us until about 2:15PM to dock, clear customs and get off the ship. We hired a tour guide and did a short tour of the island. We made it to the Original Swizzle Inn, had the rum punch and went to Hamilton to catch the ferry back to the ship. On Thursday we were told we had to be back on board by 12:30PM because the ship was leaving early. We tried to do some shopping, but the shops didn't open until 10 am and everyone had the same idea so it was very crowded. The wind was also very strong so we went back to the ship and grabbed a lounger on the Serenity deck for sail away.

Debarkation was easy. We put our luggage out the night before. We got up in the morning went to the restaurant to eat breakfast came back to the room to pick up our one bag, proceeded to the Serenity area and waited to be called to leave the ship. We were on the road by 10:30 am.

I would definitely sail from Baltimore again on the Pride if the itinerary was right.

Publication Date: 11/23/11