Oceana Cruise Review by Steve Fox: Fantastic! - We are now hooked to cruising!

Steve Fox
0 Post

Family & Children 1.0

Fantastic! - We are now hooked to cruising!

Sail Date: November 2011
Destination: Canary Islands
Embarkation: Southampton

I have to say that I have read a few of the negative reviews on here and find them to be over the top on the negativity front! I had very high expectations with this cruise beforehand and I was not disappointed.

I travelled with my family, aged 33, 32, 7 and 4. We paid just over £2000 for the cruise. We stayed in the cabin E351 (outside cabin) and found it large enough to take 4 large suitcases full of clothes etc. It had a kettle and yes, it did have a cable, but to help out the negative reviewer, what you have to do is unplug this and take it to the sink - it's quite simple! It had a TV with a few channels (2 x multi drama/comedy channels, a few news channels and a movie channel) but we didn't go on the cruise to watch TV so this was fine with us. It also had a decent fridge which was very handy.

To be honest, the amount of time we were in the room (due to all of the activities available) was minimal, so we could have made do with an inside cabin if necessary More - but it was nice to see the ports as we docked!

The activities and facilities on board were amazing - unfortunately, due to force 10 gales, we were unable to continue our course to Madeira, but with the variety of activities on board, we didn't find this to be too much of a problem. Ian Brown was brilliant and packed out the Showcase theatre and the live bands and the Yacht and Compass pub was also very good.

The food was outstanding - could not be faulted. We found that there was no need to go to the buffet as the food in the restaurant was Michelin quality (yes, I have been to Michelin star restaurants!) The staff in these restaurants were excellent and worked so so hard to make the holiday as pleasurable as possible).

The kids club was also outstanding, the staff being highly trained and the equipment available for the children was superb.

And as for the value, well just over £2000 for 12 nights of amazing food and activities for adults and children alike cannot be sniffed at!!!!

GREAT JOB P&O - WE LOVED IT! Less

Read more Oceana cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oceana Review >>

Cabin review: Oceana Outside Twin with Shower E Deck E351

Excellent view. Excellent space for 4 people. Lovely BIG window!