Carnival Magic Cruise Review by cruisingwithoutkids

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Magic Cruise Review by cruisingwithoutkids
Carnival Magic
Carnival Magic
Member Name: cruisingwithoutkids
Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: 4S
See More About: Carnival Magic Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Don't know what Magic you were on!
The best cruise out of 13! We arrived in Barcelona on 10/25 and spent 3 days seeing the sites which included Monserrat. The night before embarkation we met up with friends we had met via the internet, and that was the beginning of life long friendships. We stayed at Hotel Atlantis which provided a full breakfast each morning, was very centrally located, and was very reasonably priced.

The cruise met our expectations and more. MDR food was excellent. I don't know what the complaints are about the lobster. It was the best I have ever had on a cruise. Yes, it was small, but I just ordered 2. Cucina was very enjoyable, and the Steakhouse and Chef's Table exceptional. I am reading so many negatives, I just don't understand!

A cruise is exactly what you make of it. If you want to be miserable and find just the negatives you will. We had great times with great friends. Played Mini Golf, went down the water slides, and did the ropes course....awesome! The Red Frog Pub and Piano Bar were our hang outs! We entertained each other and Ron Pass in the PB entertained us so well!!

The only negative for me was the lack of Serenity in the Cloud 9 Spa. Many changes have been made to the layout since Carnival Dream. The Spa rooms were very noisy with noise from the Check in desk, and people seemed to think it was ok to have full blown conversations in the steam rooms. I don't understand why they have decided that it is OK for those having spa appointments to fill out their paperwork in the "relaxation" room. On Dream you had to have a key to get to that room which kept the traffic down, thus the noise was less and was very relaxing. We had a Spa Interior just for the use of these rooms and the quiet relaxation. I will not book this kind or room nor buy a spa package on this ship again. On the Dream, yes, and I will have to evaluate Carnival Breeze prior to buying a package.

I guess my whole point of review is, if the only reason you cruise is to find the negatives stay home and let the rest of us enjoy ourselves!

Publication Date: 11/22/11