Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by HappyZorro

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by HappyZorro
Allure of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Member Name: HappyZorro
Cruise Date: September 2011
Cabin Category: JS
Shore Excursions 5+

Understaffed
Allure of the Seas Sept 11 -18

I took my first cruise the year on the Allure Of The Seas, embarking on 0911/2011.

Pro:

The ship is beautiful. We ate at 150 Park Avenue and Giovanni's, both were fantastic. There were numerous pools and Jacuzzi's, many of which were open 24 hours a day and featured great water views. Embarkation was smooth and easy.

I enjoyed all of the excursions and had no difficulty getting of the ship or meeting the representative of each excursion. The excursions were one of my favorite parts of my vacation. Unlike the ship, every excursion was well staffed with cheerful, friendly employees.

Con:

The Allure of the Seas has one glaring shortcoming. It is understaffed. I have never been on a vacation where there were fewer employees watching over the property. The only employees I saw were the ones tasked with taking my money. Absolutely minimalist pool service. The unsupervised nature of the ship led to some troubling incidents for the women in my party. At one point myself and fellow passengers had to basically form vigilante vigilante groups to ward off unruly passengers. In general, the last place on earth a single person should be. I was thankful I came with friends.

My travelling companions and I took excursions in Haiti, Jamaica and Mexico and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We are planning to go back to Jamaica and stay at the Iberostar Rose Hotel in Jaimaica that was the site of one of our excursions.

Disembarkation was a madhouse, as you might expect with no employees. We heard some voices over the PA system, but that was as close as we got to any organization.

This was my first cruise. I found the positive aspects of the journey far outweighed any negative impressions. I plan on cruising again, but I will research more carefully next time to find a cruise line that avoids the glaring shortcoming of personal service that Royal Carribean exhibited.

Publication Date: 11/22/11