Carnival Destiny 4

Cruise review of Carnival Destiny

juliemcgee
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

Had a great time on the November 10 sailing. we have cruised with celebrity and azamara four times and was a little hesitant after reading the reviews.
Used carnival transfer directly from MIA to port and found embarkation easy. We arrived early but comfortable waiting area.

This cruise was half the price than what we usually pay and we thought it was great value. Yes you must know what to expect. More lines and crowding than celebrity. More open drunkenness at times. Decor as hideous as expected and ship was getting threadbare.

There were numerous stains in our cabin including wet ones (that was the worst part of trip).Here's the good news. The dining room staff was as excellent, if not better, than celebrity and the cabin attendant was just as good. Food was very good but not gourmet (nor was that expected). Enjoyed the pool and veranda every bit as much as on celebrity.

We absolutely loved the veranda however and now know why some people become More additcted to aft view balconies. The sun often hits directly which we liked and the views were terrfic.

All in all I was most impressed with the price and value. Perhaps my expectations were lowered but I truly enjoyed myself. Yes I will return to celebrity too but for half the price this is another excellent option. It absolutely makes cruising affordable for a larger segment and I think carnival really delivered. PS. As a gay couple we were surprised to find many more gay couples and groups than we ever saw on celebrity and always felt comfortable and welcomed. Never felt awkward. Have a terrific time! Less

Overall Ratings

8N

Published 11/22/11

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Destiny Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?