Carnival Pride Cruise Review by E-burgGrammy: Disappointing

Disappointing

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

First let me say myself, my husband and the people we travel with love to cruise and a few of us have been on Carnival before. Actually my husband and I were on the Pride in June and the difference in that cruise and this one is unbelievable. Our Cabin Steward and his helpers were outstanding, I must say that right off the bat couldn't have asked for better service from them. I think they have two many cabins to service but that is my opinion and may not be shared by all.

Getting on and off the ship went very smoothly.

We did go to the shows and for the most part I will say they were entertaining and they did a great job of dancing when the ship was rocking, no shows of course during the rocking and rolling so we missed the Legend Show - in June in was great so thinking it would have been great this time as well. There was damage to the theater it was still closed when we were leaving the ship and I heard there was damage to Circle C.

Now the rest of the More story. As I said my husband were on this same ship in June the difference in the food - WOW the new menu - AWFUL - the food was always cold - this was the case not only in the Main Dining Room but the Lido as well, you had to eat what was on the menu no room for ordering anything else. My husband always like to have shrimp cocktail can't do that, only on the night it is served. Carnival is a customer service enterprise so customer service should shine. The only things that were hot the pizza, always hot and delicious, the hamburgers and hot dogs delicious as well, eggs when you had them prepared and the sandwiches you had prepared, also. The dining staff is way overworked. We had 14 in our group they were serving not only our group but a few others as well. I think they had at least 30 they were serving. Might make for good tips for them but for the customer the service was really lacking. Had to ask over and over for things. Totally different from June. The wait staff did a wonderful job of entertaining us on many evenings. The maitre d left a lot to be desired, I hate to keep saying but June 8 - 10 rating September 1 - 2.

WE never saw the cruise director and the assistant cruise director had no personality. We never saw either to really interact with. In fact the assistant cruise director was one of the comedians - AWFUL. The piano bar guy while the one in June was great, interacted with the guest and actually played your request not so with this guy. I will say the cruise director and his assistant were lousy on the June cruise, also. Hope Carnival starts listening to the customers who do pay their salary.

Well the rough ride - it began in the middle of the night everything was rocking and rolling. I have read reports of flooding in the atrium, never saw that, the casino was working later in the afternoon as the seas calmed some. Many people did get sick in fact a couple in our group did, they were toward the front of the ship in a higher deck. People were sleeping in chairs on deck 3. We were in a balcony on deck four at one point during the night I heard a crack was so loud I thought the ship might break in half. I am sure if you were able to look at the ship from a helicopter we would have looked like a little ship in a bath tub up and down, back and forth. Elevators were banging against the walls, dishes were flying I guess food was as well. We were given free movies to watch as compensation for the wild ride which was fine with me. Can't help Mother Nature. My main complaint is no one kept us up to date on what was happening every once in awhile there was an announcement but maybe there was nothing to be said other then hold on and ride it out. Sorry for all those that were late for there next cruise because all in all a cruise is a cruise and that is the best thing I can take from the experience. As stated hope Carnival starts listening to customers about food quality, dining service including the maitre d and especially the cruise director staff. Please don't think I am bashing Carnival just stating facts as I and others with us noticed, we love to cruise out of Baltimore since we do live in Maryland but after this experience - - - - - Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Main 4181

Balcony mid ship deck four great cabin, great cabin steward.