Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Rocking: Great cruise ...... Exceptional services ..... Great shows

Rocking
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Great cruise ...... Exceptional services ..... Great shows

Sail Date: November 2011

Just got off from the oasis of the sea this morning and can't wait to write a review about it..

Embrakation
Unbelievely fast.... We got to the port at around 11:30am and by noon we are already on the ship. They have so many counters to process checkin and there was no line up. Everything is so well organized. Our room was ready at around 2 pm and are luggages was arrived shortly after.

Room
We had a ocean view balcony room. It's roomy enough for two and the bed is quite comfortable. Our housekeeper did a great job to tidy up the room in such short period of time as well.

Food
We didn't go to any of these restaurants that needs to pay because we were happy with the complimentary ones.
We had breakfast at the Johnny Rockets, Main Dining room, Park Cafe, Windjammer, Solarium. We highly recommend the English muffin at the Park Cafe and the variety of selection at the Windjammer. Breakfast selection at the Johnny Rockets are limited and we More only go there because it's order to make.
For lunch, we mostly went to the Park Cafe but we were at the Windjammer and Solarium once.
We loved the roast beef sandwich at the Park Cafe.
In terms of create your own salad, I've to say I like the Solarium better in terms of selection. Crepes at the Solarium are one of my favor. If you prefer light and healthy choices, you would opt for the Solarium. Fish, chicken, miso soup are all done well.
Selection at the windjammer are so many and so irresistible. We were so glad, we didn't stop by at the Windjammer for lunch until the last day of our cruise, otherwise, we would gain at least 10 lbs by end of the cruise.
Service at the Main Dinning room are exceptional. We were orginally booked with a table for 6 and they are being so accommodated and managed to find us a table for 2 at a nice and quite corner. Our waiter and assistance Waiter were so wonderful. I only had to ask for a glass of warm water (the regular is ice cold water) once and it's on my table every day. I mentioned to them about finding the food being a bit salty, then they let me pre-order my food a day ahead so they could prepare my dishes with less salt.

We saw all shows except the comedy live. We loved Hair spray and Frozen in time the most. Even they recommended to pre book the show but if you don't mind waiting at the door 30 minutes before the show, then you would find an empty seat for sure.
Other than the show, there were also some other events happening around the ship like movies at the Aqua Threater, live band at the pool and the Royal Promenade, dance class, towel and napkin demo, late night parties, parades, pub and bars. We had a drink at the raising bar and it's quite an experience, should definitely try out.

Labadee
It's a private island own by RC. It's a small island and really not much to do. The beach is ok but no comparison to the one at Mexico.

Falmouth
Hot hot hot. We went for an ATV adventure. It's was funny but too short. This new port started using by RC since Feb therefore it's still developing.

Cozumel
Another hot hot day. Tones of stuff to do. Only thing I don't like about the port is, it's kind of not close to everything. It took a 30 minutes boat ride before getting to the bus terminal for the excursion. We were at the 6.5 hrs excursion to Tulum and spend almost 4 hrs on waiting and traveling. The beach at the Ruin is so beautiful and too bad we didn't have any extra time to explore.

Overall, I was amazed by how RC handled the crowd. Our ship was fully booked but we didn't find it being over crowded at all, may be only when the parade are happening. In terms of getting off the ship, again it's so organized and it only took 30 minutes to get us from Studio B to the bus that get us onto our excursion. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 6