Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by DrMissy

Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Fabulous time on the Liberty!
We returned a week ago from our Western Caribbean cruise on the Liberty. I must say we enjoyed it tremendously! The service was excellent and the staff was polite, entertaining and helpful. Embarkation and debarkation went extremely smoothly. I highly recommend SAS transportation to and from the airport.

We traveled with another family and we both have kids ages 11 and 14. One of their favorite parts of the ship was the Silver Olympian dining room where the staff was very attentive. Not only did our kids get to try new foods and eat Warm Chocolate Melting Cake each night, but the staff had them up and dancing each night as well. I must say, for mass prepared food, the food was quite good. I tend to be very picky about how my food is prepared and seasoned, and everything was to my liking.

After dinner, we headed up to the Family Friendly Comedy show in the Punchliner. The kids loved it and couldn't wait to go back the next night! The adults occasionally returned for the later show and found the comedians to be excellent.

The lido deck was great and we enjoyed the 2.0 upgrades. Guy's burgers were awesome! My favorite for breakfast was the breakfast burrito from the Blue Iguana Cantina. Pizza and fish and chips were good too. The twisty slide was fun, but I wish that one of the pools was a little bigger.

Our cabin was on Deck 11, the Spa deck. This was a great location. We were just steps away from the Lido deck and Spa yet it was a small deck so it was nice and quiet.

The only problem we ran into on the whole trip was with the tendering process. This was out of the hands of Carnival, so I can't really blame them. The Carnival staff was great in trying to get us off as soon as possible, but there were problems with wind and the ports themselves. I would advise that if you book an excursion through a private company, give yourself plenty of time to make the tender. We went cave tubing in Belize and we were 40 minutes late for the excursion. Yhonny from cave-tubing.com had a van waiting for us and got us caught up to the rest of the group. I would highly recommend this excursion. The other excursion I would recommend is Sting Ray City and snorkeling in Grand Cayman. We used Captain Marvin and they were great.

I highly recommend this cruise. It was perfect for us because the ship wasn't too big that we kept losing the kids. We loved the casino and game room too!

Publication Date: 11/20/11