Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Daviewolf

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Daviewolf
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: Daviewolf
Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: G
See More About: Liberty of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Late summer sun
Having seen the cruise advertised by Virgin Cruises, i decided to surprise my partner and book a month before departure. Our flight to Barcelona was with Easy Jet, which to my surprise was fairly good. We touched down in Barcelona in the the middle of a heavy rain squall. The transfeer time was about 30 mins. Both our reactions at first seeing L O S was wow, didn't realise how big it was.

Check in was quick and easy, and we were on board within 20 mins. We had to wait for a couple of hours before our "STATEROOM" was ready. But we took the time to explore the ship and have a meal in Jade's.

The stateroom itself was well equipped and very comfortable, even the shower was a good size. During the week, the young lady who was our attendant did a very good job of keeping the stateroom to a high standard of cleanliness. We were both very impressed with her skills at making animals out of towels.

The food and waiter service on the ship i personally thought was superb. We ate in the main restaurant every night. I had taken a jacket with me to wear on formal nights. However there were a few who wore dinner jackets. But our luggage allowance didn't allow me to pack a dinner suit. We shared a table of 8, which we enjoyed. There was another English couple on the same table, along with 2 American couples (1 couple were Indians and the other couple Russian) but it was so nice to meet and find out a bit of their original nationalities.

I had pre booked shore excursions prior to embarking, with hindsight, a couple of them i would have done on our own. On the morning of our trip to Rome, my partner was taken ill and couldn't make the trip. She went to Guest Relations to explain what had happened. Needless to say they were not very understanding or helpful. The only thing they were worried about was, had she seen the on-board medical staff. So needless to say i had no joy in getting a refund.

We saw all three shows that were on offer during the week, and thoroughly enjoyed them. There were all produced to a very high standard.

My overall view of Liberty of the Seas was, that the ship was immaculately clean, and that ALL members of the crew were extremely courteous. Like one or two other people who have taken time to write a review, i did thin the on board drinks prices were a little expensive. Is this because of the European tax system?

My brother and law and i, have booked to go to the Canary Islands in December on Independence of the Seas. So, hopefully we will enjoy our time onboard (weather permitting of course). Who knows what the Bay of Biscay and the North Atlantic will be like.

Publication Date: 11/20/11