Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by drumbum100

Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: 4B
See More About: Carnival Paradise Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        16+ 1.0

Good and Bad
CARNIVAL PARADISE

Overall experience of my 4 day cruise to Ensenada and Long Beach was just okay. Getting on the ship was fairly easy and did not take longer than 25 minutes. This was my second time on this same ship and when I was on board the ship it was exactly the same as i saw it in 2008.

SHIP - The ship is in deperate need of renovation. It was built in 1998 or 1999 but you can see the wear and tear it has had over the past years. The smell was horrible. The decks outside smelled like sewer and when we walked into our rooms a bad odor whiffed through our noses.

ROOM - Overall the room we stayed in was very small but that was what i was expecting. Rooms were clean and comfy, there are alot of electrical outlets so you dont have to worry about that. Me, my friend, and my brother all stayed in one room. The room did not have any windows so we couldnt tell what time of day it wss! overall, i would rate the rooms a decent 4 out of 5. Remember it aint a grand suite

FOOD - The buffet was terrible, no effort put into the food whatsoever. Mongolian barbecue was very bad. The dining food was good though. Waiters were very nice but took forever to get our food because of lacked employees. It was a total of almost and hour ande a half to nearly two hours at the dinner table. i would rate the food a 2 out of 5

ENTERTAINMENT - The entertainment on the ship was pretty good actually. They have the Punchliner Comedy CLub which was very funny. Families and children can go to watch this show until they start having the adults only comedy. The karaoke was awesome! It was fun to see kids and adults go up there and sing a song and get a laugh out of it. FOR THE TEENAGERS, ehh not so much. My son who is 16 did not feel that there was enought to do for teenagers. Of course, they have Club 02 and my son went in to apply and only about 7 teens were applied out of a total of 50 kids on the ship! I feel that Carnival really needs to bump up the activities to attract in more teenagers because that is not a good thing. Camp Carnival is always fun for the small children and have always enjoyed it. The musical on the ship was very good so entertainment for ADULTs 4 out of 5 enteretainment for TEENAGERS 2 out of 5.( alot of the time my son and his friend were in there room doing nothing because they did not enjoy Clun 02)

SERVICE - The service on the ship was very nice. Our waiters were very nice but we barely saw them because they were so busy with other tables, our sir maid was very nice and greeted us as we entered our room. Employees were very nice and that was a plus. The cooks obviously dont care about there job or its Carnival who buys the cheap food and gives it to the chefs to put on there backs.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE ON THE SHIP - My overall experience is a 3 out of 5. Its a cheap cruise so YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. If you are looking for something extravagent, do not cruise on the paradise. It smells like sewer, food is bad, clubs for teens is bad, and needs a new renovation. Luckily though, the Carnival Paradise will be receiving the 2.0 update in 2015 for the Paradise. It is in desperate need of renovation. Carnival, I would seriously consider transporting the shipe to other locations because Ensenada is horendously terrible. It is ugly snd on every block I walked on in Ensenada i get bombarded by the people that live there and they want me to buy there products. One mexican put a necklace around my neck without asking and told me "it looked good on me so pay me the money". I would never cruise on the Carnival Paradise again. It is not outstanding and is not huge. The only pretty good thing on the ship was the entertainment. The entertainment though is not HAVE TO DO kind of activities. I did like Catalina though, it is pretty, beautiful, and a nice small little place to look and shop around. In conclusion, if you are looking at this review and planning to go on your first cruise, Carnival Paradise is an exception but as a second, it is not going to exceed your expectations. No wonder its that cheap.

Publication Date: 11/20/11