Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by btrbill

Member Name: btrbill
Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: 6A
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

ECSTASY... LOVED IT!!
I cannot for the life of me figure out why so many people complain about this awesome little ship!! Obviously there standards are too high!!

While I have no other cruise lines to compare it to, the value we received in booking this cruise was fantastic!! Where else can you go for 5 nights out of country, have all your food provided to you (and even more than you could possibly eat), a nice room with an ocean view, have the same quality entertainment you would find in any Branson-like city, and pay less than you would for two nights plus food in Disney World??

Embarkation was very quick, and easy. NOLA seems to know what they are doing. We got there early, and boarded in Zone 1. Had lunch on board and explored the ship. The food was just a little better than at Ryans.

Public Areas were clean and organized. The only "cramped" area was the atrium where the photos were sold.

Cabin was as good as any Holiday Inn I have been in, and better than some!!

Fitness and Recreation areas were nice... but they were not used much by us...

Enrichment, if you want to call it that, was derived by the atmosphere which we loved, and the comedians! I love to laugh, and had plenty of chance for that on this ship!!

Rates were superb!! We booked less than a month out and paid less than $525 including insurance!! Beat that value all you naysayers!!

Dining was great and is comparable to any 3 or 4 star restaurant. No it was not an Emeril's, but the food was good. The portions were small, but they would bring more if you asked. I had no issues with the food, and it was always tasty and served with a smile!

Entertainment was equal to the shows we have seen in Branson! Except Mutzy the Comedian!! He is one of the funniest I have ever seen!! I will find him on another ship to book it! There was ALWAYS something to do. If you were bored, IT WAS YOUR OWN DARN FAULT!!

Service, like I said was great, Always a smile, and it was great being greeted by my name at the bar, and in the MDR!! I paid extra to all the guys and gals because they did a great job!!

We only did one shore excursion in Progresso, and it was a short one to the Mayan ruins. The ruins were cool, but the guide would not shut up, and rarely talked about the Mayans, but rather Mexico and how safe it really it is.

The overall value was like nothing I have seen. We have already booked two more cruises for next year, and are looking for a third, maybe on the Ecstasy out of PC. If you don't have a good experience on this ship, your expectations are too high for the value you get! Maybe I look at things simpler because I am a simple man, that works hard for his money, and appreciates what it takes to provide a service.

If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, with 5 star food, a Las Vegas show, and butlers and chambermaids, look elsewhere. If you you just want decent value, good food, and great service, get on this ship. I will again!

Publication Date: 11/20/11