Carnival Legend Cruise Review by cleartheway: The Legend is Pretty Legendary

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

The Legend is Pretty Legendary

Sail Date: October 2011
Embarkation: Tampa

My husband and I have went on 5 cruises, 4 of them on Carnival Cruise lines. This was the first time out of Tampa and I have to say the fastest when it came to boarding a ship. We arrived the day before and stayed at the Rocky Point Inn which was not too bad to stay at. They are in the middle of a remodel so the wallpaper was torn down in the hallway and sheet rock showing in places yet our room was clean. Not a bad hotel for the price. They do a cruise special were they will pick you up from the airport, take you to your hotel and shuttle you to the port. There is a wonderful restaurant within walking distance called Bahama Breeze.

The worst complaint we had about the Legend was the entertainment. It was the same "dance" shows almost every night. There was very little variety. There was one night when there was a juggler/comedian that was good but the rest of the nights it was the same. We ended up going to the comedian shows. It definitely needs improvement. Wonderful Cruise More Director!!!

We heard from several sources that the Legend will be remodeled soon and that will be a good thing. The layout on the ship was a bit to get us to. Seemed to have a choppy design. Would like to see it once it was remodeled. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Legend Balcony Upper 5427

We had a great room. There was nothing across the hall from us. It was open space basically. Pretty quiet. The balcony did not have any blocked view. The showers were bigger than any of the Carnival showers we have been on. Maybe because it was an older ship, I do not know.

(5)
It was the only day that we had rain and ours was NOT cancelled. It turned out that the boat we took to get out to the sandbar was covered. By the time we got out to the sandbar, it had stopped raining. There was hardly anyone there because most people had canceled their trips. We had the stingrays almost all to ourselves! Second time doing the stingrays and I still get excited. Still had time when we got back to go hit 7 Mile Beach and just lay out in the soft white sand.
Read 1069 Reviews

Went cave tubing in Belize which was a fun experience. We have been to this port before and have been snorkeling here which was also a great adventure. The cave tubing was something I would recommend. The bus ride to the area is a "wake up call" while you drive through the area of Belize. You are able to see how the people of Belize live and if you do not leave there appreciating more of your life then I do not know what will. Once at the nature center, you will hike to the area that you will tube. So, you will be carrying your own tube. It is a flat walk, not to difficult. Very educational as you learn about the rain forest. The water is refreshing, even for October. It is like going down a 'lazy river' at an amazement park. Take some money with you because once you are done there is food for you to purchase. It is pretty darn good. Made on open flamed grills.

My husband and I have went on 5 cruises and on each cruise, Cozumel has been one of the port of calls. On this trip,it was no different. We were tipped off ahead of time about a little bar and restaurant called Wet Wendy's that we were told made killer frozen margaritas. Not only were the margaritas the best, when people said they were huge...that was an understatement. They come in flavors such as strawberry, mango, peach or pineapple but they also have one that tastes like you are drinking a peanut butter cup! The food was delicious,they had wonderful hospitality, and the prices were very reasonable. I came home with the most beautiful hand blown glass that I purchased from the gift shop that was used for the margaritas. I also collect dragonfly's and I found an Opal dragonfly necklace at their gift shop that I have not found at any other shop around Cozumel, so I ended up getting my margarita for free!! What a deal. If your going to Cozumel, look up Wet Wendy's and say hello to Chad. He will even let you leave your mark on his wall...if you ask real nice.
Read 3142 Cozumel Reviews

Absoultly beautiful!! When you get off the ship, you are greeted with the beauty of the tropical flowers as you walk up the paved walkway to the shops. Instead of the typical group of islanders that flock to you when you get off the ship, you hear a strange sound, "Hello, welcome to Mohagony Bay." That is it. Nobody rushing you to ask you if you want to buy a shore excursion, take a taxi or hand over your cash in any other way. Just welcome to their country. How nice and peaceful. They will be holding up a sign for your shore excursion if you have purchased on off the cruise so that you can locate them when you get off the ship...easy. The shops are in a clean, beatifly laid out square for you to easily walk around. If you want to go to the beach, you go to the right and take the sky chairs for about $12 a daily pass and it will take you right to the beach. We booked the ship wreck tour and it was fabulous. We went on a bus ride to our own private little cove that we had to ourselves all day long. There was only about 16 of us. After snorkeling our guide David took us on a nature walk were we incountered monkeys, iguanas and more. The only complaint I had was that I did not have enough time in this port!!
Read 1661 Roatan Reviews