Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by negrilbride

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by negrilbride
Allure of the Seas
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Rates 5+

Truly a delight! I don't understand the complaints!
My husband and I (early 30's) traveled with my parents (early 60's) on the Allure of the Seas on the November 6th sailing. This was my second cruise, with the first cruise being last year on Oasis. This was my parents' second cruise, with their first being 33 years ago on a small Norwegian ship.

We found everything to be top-notch on the ship! We did not dine in any of the specialty restaurants that had a fee because we were more than pleased with the included options, in fact, there were venues we didn't even have time to try in our one week cruise. Shows were fantastic, facilities were wonderful, and we marveled all week at the amazing attitudes we saw from the staff. At least when they were guest-facing, the staff were always friendly, helpful, and chatty when engaged in conversation.

Here are a few observations on entertainment for those debating between an Oasis and Allure cruise, since we love the entertainment aspect of these ships... Hairspray (Oasis) and Chicago (Allure) were both filled with phenomenal casts just bursting with talent. Chicago is a MUCH more adult show though, and for families and those who enjoy more upbeat entertainment, Hairspray on Oasis would be a better choice. I had seen Chicago on stage and knew what to expect, but after a long day in the sun, I must admit, the exceptional talent was not enough to hold my attention and I fought sleep through the performance.

The high dive show on the Oasis and Allure are different also, (Oasis of Dreams and Ocean Aria.) Ocean Aria on Allure had more athletic dives in succession and less variety, where Oasis of Dreams had segments with synchronized swimmers, jugglers, etc and it seemed brighter and livelier and had more variety. One is not necessarily better than the other, but I personally preferred the show on Oasis.

Both ships had a kid oriented diving show at the end of the cruise. I don't remember what the show was called on Oasis, but compared to Let You Entertain Me on Allure, the Allure show was better produced, contained more stunts and elements, and overall was a more enjoyable production in our opinions. While it is geared toward kids, I still found it enjoyable.

For the ice skating show, I thought the Ice Games on Allure was more appealing than the Hans Christian Anderson production on Oasis. Ice Games was bright and high energy and generally was a crowd pleaser. The skaters struggled to stay on their feet on both ships. I'd attribute this to the small space and the moving of the ship. Perhaps the choreographers could remove some of the jumps because of the limitations the athletes face skating on a ship. I can't imagine it is good for the health of the cast to be falling frequently.

My father uses a scooter for mobility and overall we found the ship to be VERY scooter/wheelchair friendly... We cannot say the same for many of the guests. I understand it is frustrating that a scooter takes up a good bit of room in the elevators, but it was really surprising how many times guests would arrive at the elevator lobby after us and then push in front of us and fill up an elevator not allowing my dad to get on. This didn't happen ALL of the time, but often enough that it really makes you wonder about people.

I wish while you are waiting for the Muster drill, RCI could play a video regarding common courtesy... Remind people there is no beach chair or seat saving in shows, and to be mindful of the people who are waiting before you for an elevator and show some consideration for those who are physically unable to take the stairs. I wonder if it would be possible for RCI to ever make a staff elevator accessible to those with disabilities? Probably not since there are thousands of employees, but it would be nice for those in wheelchairs or scooters to be able to ascend and descend floors without stress.

Overall this was a simply amazing vacation! We love the Oasis class of ships! Well done RCI!

Publication Date: 11/18/11