Norwegian Epic 5

“Epic Cruise - Epic Holiday”
Cruise review of Norwegian Epic

jasonpinelap
Member Since 2009
83 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

NCL Epic

Wonderful cruise, made special by the friends I made there.

Having never sailed NCL before, and with their slogan of free style cruising, I got the impression that they were a 'middle of the road' cruise line.

In terms of service, food and standard of accommodation, nothing could be further from the truth.

Food - I mainly ate in the restaurants, and the quality, variety etc was superb ! coffee/tea/iced tea, water and ice cream available all day at no charge. Best food on any cruise line I've sailed on so far (royal caribbean/holland america/msc)

Service - The staff were amazing - the best I've ever encountered, so polite, friendly and pro active

Cabin - smaller than what I've been used to on other lines, but far superior in terms of quality of fitting/bed and bedding and technology/lighting

Epic Ship - easy to get around, great facilities, loved the outdoor parties at the rear of the ship

Any More downsides?

On embarkation, there was a delay because of the esta needed printing out, and this wasn't advised anywhere, but no big deal.

I think ncl could have made the outside areas feel more spacious - but I'm nit picking here.

Would I go ncl again? You bet, already paid for deposit for a future cruise - using their future cruise deals, where you pay $250 dollars, which you get back on a future cruise, plus you get $100 dollars from your account bill on the current cruise.

Regular FOD meetings for those of interest - and this made the cruise, and ncl made a lot of money out of our bar bill ! LOL

Thank you NCL for a great time.

Drew Less

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

BE9076
Balcony Cabin - curve design. Narrow cabin, very comfortable bed and great lighting. Account info on tv, tv channels good. Nice Balcony Sofa - waste of space Separate loo and shower/sink - found absolutely fine.

Great City - easy to get around, and so many things to see.
Read 1301 Barcelona Reviews

Port
Amazing City, with so much to do and see.
Read 1059 Miami Reviews

Published 11/18/11

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review

Norwegian Epic Cruises to Transatlantic

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?