Carnival Pride Cruise Review by deputydawg13: Worst Cruise Ever!

deputydawg13
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bermuda Cruises

Worst Cruise Ever!

Sail Date: November 2011
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Baltimore

I Just finished my cruise on the Carnival Pride, and outside of Mikita and her girls at David's Steak house, young girl from India on the Lido Deck and the pizza guy on the Lido deck this was the worst Carnival cruise I have ever been on.

We were not notified until after 8PM, Saturday night that our cruise would not begin on 11/6, but would sail on Monday 11/7 at 1PM with over $100,000.00 worth of damages due to a storm that delay the Carnival Pride getting into Baltimore on 11/6.Crew members told me that passengers in the upper floors were sleeping in the hall ways and in the atrium which was flooded. Crew members told me that they were afraid during that storm. The Captain, knowing the Tropical Storm Shawn was in the Atlantic, heading towards Bermuda, took us into the storm while in my, and other guest opinions should have changed our destinations to New England. 48 hours later we arrived in Bermuda on Wednesday at 1PM and it took us until about 2:30PM to dock, clear More customs and get to our first excursion. Our excursion lasted about 1 hr, 20 mins,, and since the shops close at 5PM, we stayed in the King's Wharf area and shopped till the shops closed and then went to dinner. On Sunday e were told we had to be back on board by 12:30PM, since the ship was leaving early, with the shops not opening till 10PM we figured with the 20 minute ferry ride, each way, to Hamilton, or the 45 minute travel time to, each way St. George's, it was not worth the risk of missing the 12:30/1PM sailing. we arrived off the Va Coast around 12:45Pm Friday afternoon and sailed up and down from Nagg's Head to the entrance of the Chesapeake Bay the rest of Friday and all day Saturday just punching holes in the water. 48 hours from Baltimore to Bermuda and only 22 hours from Bermuda to the entrance of the Chesapeake Bay. Two of the six Atrium elevators did not work, storm damage. Jay the Shopping expert, saw only twice, outside of on TV. One was at his post, the day before his show, which he had pamphlets out for Freeport. Very, very rude and arrogant! Only saw the cruise director on TV and stage. Very, very elusive. 50% or the crew was friendly, 50% of the crew was rude.

What did Carnival offer us in return, they said that they would return 1/7th of the trip, in approximately two weeks, and only charge us 6/7th's of the tip fee. Carnival did allow us to cancel the remaining two excursions we booked. We had to spend an extra hotel night, and food which Carnival said a first they would not pay us back. So I paid $1253.95 for a five day boat ride, with no compensation from Carnival, no discount or upgrades for a future cruise, no payment for my room I had to rent so I could catch this cruise. Carnival did N-O-T-H-I-N-G!

Food on the Lido deck and most items in the dining room, unless it came directly from the grill was cold and outside of the temperature safety holding zones. The busboys seemed to be standing around and only cleared tables when they felt like the really needed to, in non peak serving times. A ships tour of the kitchen was something else! I am a retired chef and a restaurant manager and the kitchen was "dirty". I would have been embarrassed to invite anyone to come into any of my kitchens and see the dried on food on carts, the floor needing deck scrubbing badly, standing water, food splattered n the sides of walk-in fridges, and poor food preparation. The stainless steel walls stainless steel looked like they had not been polished in months. The quantity of different gourmet meals offered for dinner each dinner meal has decreased to just a few gourmet meals and what food other items that was offered is something I could get in any Mom & Pop Diner.

This was my 9th cruise, and the worst one I have ever been on. I expected a lot more from Carnival than what I got this time. If this is the "New" Carnival way of doing business, I and a lot of guest do not approve of it!

I had to pay an extra $140, room and food, that I did not plan on. In my personal opinion, Carnival has gone from a very good cruise line to a so-so cruise line. Even though our next cruise will qualify us for platinum status, we are seriously thinking about trying another line. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Oceanview Riviera 1219

Our cabin was adequate and laid out well. Room needs more A?C outlets and a temperature control device.

Very fast and very efficient