“Carnival Eastern Oct22,2011”

Member Since 2010
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My husband and I with our two daughters, son and his wife with a three year old went on Carnival dream Eastern, a couple of weeks ago. We sailed on Carnival dream back in Dec, western cruise:)We had a blast and decided to try eastern Caribbean. Once again we had a blast! We are not complainers and don't expect the world to revolve around us. Our food was always hot, the longest we had to wait in line was about five min, and we can't blame the staff. My husband and I thought it was funny to see how long it took people to figure out a lunch selection on the buffet line:) Our first port was Nassau:although we are not fans, we enjoyed the beach. St. Thomas was beautiful! we walk about a mile from the port and rode the local bus for two dollars per person instead of eight dollars per person. Be careful, don't jump into any taxi without asking the price per person. The locals are very friendly. We needed to go to red hook about a 20 min ride " remember give yourself time, the local taxi bus will stop along the way to drop off and pickup passengers. Our shore excursion was Eco Kayak& Snorkel with Island Marketing. We have never kayak or snorkel before " what an experience, our daughters had an amazing time!. Our guide name was Harlie, she was wonderful! St Maarten: I would love to move to St Maarten. We hired Mr Herman, his shirt says Rusty taxi 17. We toured both the dutch and French side, both island are beautiful. We took our grand-daughter to the Butterfly farm, I believe we enjoyed the Butterfly farm more then she did. Two days at sea was not bad, we never felt like it was to many people. we always found beach chairs, etc. I will assume on Carnival dream maybe 700 or less kids on board. Never had a problems with kids running or misbehaving. I notice Carnival is trying to let parents' know, be responsible for your kids. It's not the crew responsibility it's the parent's :) We are planning a Cruise out of New Orleans for 2013, can't wait!
Carnival Dream Cruises to the USA

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Dream Review
Carnival Dream Cruises to the USA
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?