Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by lilmcphee: My Cruise Review

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

My Cruise Review

Sail Date: November 2011

Overall, I'd rate the whole experience 4 out of 5. This was our first cruise, so I'm not sure I have much to compare to.

I really enjoyed the 'freestyle' aspect - I find it more relaxing. Things stayed pretty cazsh. I don't like when they ask you to dress formally - i.e girls have to wear dresses, and men have to wear suits. There were a few restaurants that required less-casual attire (no flip flops, and no shorts), which was perfectly fine.

The shore excursions were okay. The actual excursion was fantastic, but getting to the excursion and back on each of the islands was a bit of a debacle - mainly because of the way the excursion companies are (un)organized. I don't think NCL can do much about it and don't hold this against them.

Shopping on the ship was pure crap, and I suggest you plan not to shop. I was mainly irritated with the 'special' sales. Let me tell you that these sales are anything but special. For example, they had a watch 'sale', where they More were selling watches for $19.99, that were regularly priced at $80 to $100. The sale would only last an hour. They made such a big deal about the sale, that everyone showed up, and it was just plain chaos. The watches were NOT $100 watches - that was a lie. As was the whole one hour aspect - I happened to walk by the store the next day and saw the same watches still on sale for $19.99. So my word of advice - don't fall for any of the 'specials' on the ship.

Entertainment - perfect. Nothing more to add :). I don't know how it compares to other ships.

Dining - perfect, lots of options. Not sure how it compares to other ships. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic Balcony Stateroom Deck 9 8207

We had a balcony cabin, with an unobstructed view. The cabin itself wasn't very large - but we had ample storage space. My suggestion would be to keep your cabin relatively clutter-free because of the size. If you're a somewhat messier person (like my husband is), I suggest you go for a mini suite which gives you a little more space. Also, note that the Epic has life boats on the side of the ship, almost the whole length of the ship. So, unless you get an aft facing cabin, forward facing cabin (not sure if there are any), or one of the first or last 2-3 cabins on the sides, your balcony view is going to be obstructed by the large life boats. We were in the 2nd to-last balcony in the back and had a beautiful view. The shower/bathroom stalls in the cabins are cool, roomy and the glass doors give it an open-er feel. There's a curtain to close off the bathroom area for added privacy, if needed. The only negative point I have on the bathrooms is that the actual toilet is kind of weird. The toilet has a toilet seat, but the opening is enormous and feels like you're about to fall inside. It feels like the seat is up, even though it's actually down. It also has this crazy incredibly loud flush that feels like a bomb went off or something.

(5.5)
We went to Atlantis and it was beyond AWESOME.I give it a 10 on a scale of 1 to 5. I highly recommend this.
Read 2644 Nassau Reviews

Beautiful beaches. Not much to see on the island in my opinion - so I would have preferred spending all my time in the beach.