Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by grantfam4

Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Fantastic 7 days aboard the Largest Cruise Ship in the World
I have nothing but praise for Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas! We just returned from a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise on what is currently the World's largest cruise ship. She really is an amazing vessel and a great place to spend seven fun filled and relaxing days.

We sailed from Ft Lauderdale on 11/5/2011 heading for Nassau, Bahamas. The wind and seas were strong. Even several of the crew were commenting on how rough it was. However, this amazing ship handled the 20 foot seas well.

The first thing that strikes me as I have boarded any ship is the size of these floating resorts. The Oasis dwarfs all the others. Honestly, when we first booked, I was a little concerned that she may be too big with too many people (up to 6500). There were 6,000+ on our sailing. However, other than some congestion in the Windjammer at lunch time, with several dining choices and so many things to do, it was not bad.

I was also very impressed with the Fitness Center on Deck 6 and Jogging Track on Deck 5. My wife and I were able to work out every morning and I was able to get in a 3-4 mile run without any problems each day. I also appreciate the healthier food choices in both the Spa Area and Solarium Bistro, which we did take advantage of for breakfast and lunch. This way we could really enjoy the dining room food, service, and wonderful desserts each evening!

We also thought the entertainment was excellent! I was very impressed by the skill and athleticism of the cast of the Oasis of Dreams show in the Aqua Theatre! We even enjoyed and thought the Dreamworks Parade on the Promenade was very well done. We really enjoyed the Spanish Guitarist, the Piano and Violin Duo, and the Dance Band in Dazzles.

As empty nesters, my wife and I had a great time, mostly relaxing on the Solarium deck. However, I would would not hesitate to bring the entire family aboard as this ship really has something for everyone!

Publication Date: 11/16/11