Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by tlathrop: Navigator of the Seas - Western Caribbean

tlathrop
Member Since 2005

Family & Children 5.0
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Navigator of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: February 2005

I would like to start by saying that this was our first cruise, and after this cruise I can't wait to go on another one. This ship was absolutely amazing. There was so much to do and the entire staff on the ship was wonderful. Our stateroom attendant was exceptional. The room was taken care of at least twice a day. I had read reviews that the food wasn't that great on our ship but we had nothing but great food. The dining room staff really made the dining experience pleasurable. They really made you feel pampered and special.

We took our two boys, ages 14 and 12 on the cruise and they are ready to go back. The Adventure Ocean staff was excellent and the teen lounge they said was great. There was a special area just for teens, no adults so they could hang out with new friends and we knew they were safe. They were able to enjoy themselves and meet new people while we could do the same and not have to worry about them.

The ports of call were beautiful. Our favorite More would have to be the Cayman Islands. Jamaica, Cozumel and Labadee were beautiful as well. We had booked our own excursions on-line and saved money over what the cruise line offered. In Jamaica we booked with Peat Taylor for a tour of Dunn's River Falls followed by a tour of Ocho Rios and then tubing on the White River. Peat and his son Oneil were amazing and I would highly recommend them. In Grand Cayman we booked a tour with Captain Bryan for Stingray City. Great tour as well. Cozumel we did the Sea Lion Swim and that was incredible. We just took a taxi to Chankanaab Park, only $10 from the pier.

All in all this was the most amazing vacation. The only problem we had was the last day of the cruise, immigration came in and held up disembarkation. We were supposed to be off the boat around 10:30 and never got off until 12:30 so we missed our flight and ended up getting home around 6 hours later than scheduled. This was not Royal Caribbean's fault and it delayed them as well. The only other thing I might consider doing differently is scheduling my own flight. It was the kids' first flying experience and Royal Caribbean had booked the air and we were all separated on the flight down. I wasn't too happy with that but luckily some people switched seats and we weren't too far apart.

I highly recommend Royal Caribbean cruise lines and especially the Navigator of the Seas. You won't be disappointed. Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>