Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by tlathrop

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by tlathrop
Navigator of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Member Name: tlathrop
Cruise Date: February 2005
Cabin Category: I
See More About: Navigator of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
        10-12 5.0
        13-15 5.0
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Navigator of the Seas - Western Caribbean

I would like to start by saying that this was our first cruise, and after this cruise I can't wait to go on another one. This ship was absolutely amazing. There was so much to do and the entire staff on the ship was wonderful. Our stateroom attendant was exceptional. The room was taken care of at least twice a day. I had read reviews that the food wasn't that great on our ship but we had nothing but great food. The dining room staff really made the dining experience pleasurable. They really made you feel pampered and special.

We took our two boys, ages 14 and 12 on the cruise and they are ready to go back. The Adventure Ocean staff was excellent and the teen lounge they said was great. There was a special area just for teens, no adults so they could hang out with new friends and we knew they were safe. They were able to enjoy themselves and meet new people while we could do the same and not have to worry about them.

The ports of call were beautiful. Our favorite would have to be the Cayman Islands. Jamaica, Cozumel and Labadee were beautiful as well. We had booked our own excursions on-line and saved money over what the cruise line offered. In Jamaica we booked with Peat Taylor for a tour of Dunn's River Falls followed by a tour of Ocho Rios and then tubing on the White River. Peat and his son Oneil were amazing and I would highly recommend them. In Grand Cayman we booked a tour with Captain Bryan for Stingray City. Great tour as well. Cozumel we did the Sea Lion Swim and that was incredible. We just took a taxi to Chankanaab Park, only $10 from the pier.

All in all this was the most amazing vacation. The only problem we had was the last day of the cruise, immigration came in and held up disembarkation. We were supposed to be off the boat around 10:30 and never got off until 12:30 so we missed our flight and ended up getting home around 6 hours later than scheduled. This was not Royal Caribbean's fault and it delayed them as well. The only other thing I might consider doing differently is scheduling my own flight. It was the kids' first flying experience and Royal Caribbean had booked the air and we were all separated on the flight down. I wasn't too happy with that but luckily some people switched seats and we weren't too far apart.

I highly recommend Royal Caribbean cruise lines and especially the Navigator of the Seas. You won't be disappointed.

Publication Date: 05/25/05