Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by Showdown561: I would go back...matter of fact I AM going back!!!!

Showdown561
Member Since 2011

I would go back...matter of fact I AM going back!!!!

Sail Date: November 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

I sailed with Celebration from November 7-9,2011 and I must say what an amazing experience!!! It was my first cruise ever so of course when the ship pulled out of the Port of Palm Beach I felt a little seasick but my God it was worth it. The first night we ate at Crystal Dining Room and the food is awesome, the potato tart appetizer was the best thing ever. The second night we ate at The Cove and it was absolutely the best meal of my life!! Kumar, Juliana, and Marius were all very helpful and attentive and made my mother and aunt's 50th birthday celebration something we all will always remember!! The food is so GOOD (gotta love those white chocolate covered grapes!) Gerry's (the pizza place) is ok but I must admit I wasn't too impressed with the breakfast.

The clubs are great, the Ocean Lounge on deck 6 is great, the casino was fun it was an awesome trip! The Ocean View cabins are a little small but it still worked out well for 2 people. Our cabin steward Marius Dulgheru was More great he filled our ice bucket and made swans and buddhas with our towels LOL it was a sweet gesture and from the heart for the birthday celebration of my mother and aunt.

To anyone taking this cruise do NOT pay for a shore excursion when you reach Freeport, get off the boat and catch a taxi to anywhere on the island between $5 and $9. My cousin and I saved $100 doing this and were able to spend that at Port Lucaya Marketplace. I would recommend Celebration to anyone and will be taking my second cruise with them next month! Can't wait to go on board again!

-Brenda Gaines

PS: Customs when you come back is a pain, they confiscated something I bought at the marketplace. Then again, the agent that searched my luggage and then refused to repack everything he unpacked and asked me questions about other people in party was very unprofessional and rude...actually he was a jerk! Just beware of what you buy! Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration 8434

quiet location (8th deck), tiny closet, small room but worth every penny. also there are 20 channels on the tv, only the first 10 worked in color and had sound, the next 10 were black and white, fuzzy and had no sound. no cell phone service but still worth it.