Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by BuffetFatty: Smaller, but cozy and warm feeling ship with great food

Majesty of the Seas 5
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

Smaller, but cozy and warm feeling ship with great food

Sail Date: November 2011
Destination: Bahamas

Before going on this cruise, I was slightly apprehensive due to reading about the ship's age (built in 1992; refurbished in 2007) and smaller size. We traveled as a family of 8, with 6 first time cruisers, and 2 veterans.

We found the the Majesty to be very comfortable. I was surprised that it never felt crowded, and getting on and off the ship at each port was as fast as I've ever experienced. The ship was always very clean, and the crew fantastic.

Food: The buffet food was the best we've ever had on a ship. The lunch choices were plentiful and changed daily. My favorites were the chicken fajitas, and the food served on Deck 12 at the Deli. The deli was open daily from 11:30-6:30pm and served great healthy choices such wraps, tuna melts, soups, and salads.

The food for the sit-down dinner wasn't as good as the buffet, but was still very food. Also, the dinner buffet had sushi daily, which I enjoyed as a snack.

Rooms: Small, but that is to be More expected on a ship of this age. We had 4 in 1 inside room, but it will worked. The Superior Ocean View room was only an extra $100 for this cruise, and would be something to consider for those who enjoy extra space.

Ports: We were disappointed that the ship was unable to disembark at the private island, due to large waves. The Bahamas were enjoyable as we spent the day at the Atlantis. Key West had nice scenery, but only a very tiny beach, and not a whole lot to see.

Entertainment: Being a shorter cruise, I expected lesser quality entertainment. It wasn't bad, but we've also seen better on other cruises. The best 2 acts were the comedians; Dan Bennett and Kivi Rogers. Dan Bennett has a juggling and comedy act that you don't want to miss. The singers and dancers weren't anything special.

Overall, this was an enjoyable and easy to navigate ship. I would recommend it especially for first time cruisers. Less

Published 11/15/11

Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X