Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Pokerbee: Transatlantic Voyage - Oct 23, 2011 - From Barcelcona, Spain

Pokerbee
Member Since 2002

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Transatlantic Cruises

Transatlantic Voyage - Oct 23, 2011 - From Barcelcona, Spain

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Barcelona

Cagney Steakhouse -â€" Excellent meal. 3 of us. Filet/lobster ($8 extra for lobster, above the $25 fee), T bone steak, Prime Rib. All meals were exceptional. Service very good.

The entertainment daily onboard was very good. From the piano dueling boys in Headliners, called Howl with the Moon, to Jim on piano at Shaker's Bar. Another guy in front of the Whiskey's bar was very good also.

Largest casino on the seas. It goes on forever. Very roomy and lots of choices of table games and machines, from penny's to dollars and video poker also. Table game area is very filled with smoke. I suggested the battery ashtrays that suck up smoke. Manager liked idea. Will be suggesting it at next Pit Boss meeting. Only disappointment was the poker. First time I have seen live dealer dealt games on a cruise ship. I am used to the Poker Pro machines for Texas Holdem. Rake for this game is 10%, max. $25 on EPic. I would not play when I found this out. I cashed out More after winning the first hand dealt when game started. Saw he was counting down pot at the end of hand and took $22 of the pot, which was my money. Other cruise lines have $10 max. Still to high, but I had decided I would play for that amount of rake, but when I saw it was over the $10 I left. So did 2 others when I explained how high the rake was.
Cirque Show was okay. Small dinner house and not much room to move around. Sat in balcony area, which I suggest you get them premium seatings to see me best part of show. Seas were rough and some of the acts had to be modified. Food not that good.

Blue Man Group show was good. They had to modify a lot of their show due to rough seas. Still was entertaining.

Legends Show was very good. Entertainers we saw were Elton John, Whitney Houston, Sharika, Lady Gaga, Steven Tyler and Elvis Presley. All were excellent!!

Second City Show was not a good show at all. Improv comedy which was not funny. Would have walked out, but was in 3rd row, so just suffered through it. 45 mins. Maybe I'm just not an Improv person.

Pools are very small on this ship. No pool is good for lap swimming. Disappointing.

Enjoying Shaker's martini bar. Very good drinks. Ask for the "Chocolate Love" special. Armondo, is the bartender. He special creation. Very yummy! Dessert martini! Martini tasting is a must. $15 per person and you taste 4 martini's, full size martini's!!

Le Bistro Restaurant was one of our favorite's. Great food, and awesome service.

Stephen Sorrento Show was very entertaining. He impersonates comics and singers for the past 50 years. Very good entertainment. He is from Las Vegas.

Spa onboard the Epic is contracted with Mandara Spa's. Have had 2 treatments, Reflexology on feet, and Bamboo and Herb Massage. Both were excellent. Largest spa on the seas, and is nicely laid out for maximum enjoyment. Staying in a Spa Suite we are on the same deck and 1 minute to spa area. Have access daily, at no extra charge to hot tub relaxing area. A favorite stop daily for me.

One disappointment of this ship is that there is no area on the entire ship where you can go to sit and look forward on the ship with a good book. The forward area of this ship where most ships have this kind of area is taken up with the boxy Courtyard Villa area. Have not spent any time there to speak of. Small area and is just for those in suites and above staterooms.

The Epic Dining is only for suites and above for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Have had 2 breakfasts there, and prefer the social dining in the other venues.
Epic has 3 water slides. All were fun and mostly adults of all ages going on them.

Didn't use the Posh area of Suite area, or courtyard. Too windy with the TA crossing. Then too humid in Caribbean. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 14151

Spa Suite very nice. Large round bed, comfy and plenty of room for DH and myself, (he is 6'4"). Awesome balcony. Largest of spa suites. Nice vanity area for putting makeup on. Good lighting with blow dryer and lite make up magnifying mirror. Suite features a cordless walk around phone in which you can take anywhere on ship and call anywhere on the ship anytime. Nice touch to contacting Butler and others you are traveling with. Coffee maker in room, didn't use, ordered room service for fresh pot of coffee. Lots of storage in this cabin. 3 closets. 2 for hanging clothes and other has shelves with safe. Cabin floors are wood, not carpet. A little different, had I of known I would have brought slippers, but my cozy fuzzy socks worked okay. Nice feature on room door number out in hall. You can dial it to say, Make up room, do not disturb, or make up room. Better than the signs that usually fall to the floor from the door knob. Door bell also. Lots of room in shower. Frosted door for privacy with rain shower head above and hand held shower head also. Area of toilet is roomy also. Private sliding door, as shower, rounded for maximum space in both. Nice dimmer lights in cabin. Has sheer curtains you can pull to make the area at sink/shower more private. Only used Jacuzzi once in suite. Seas were rough sailing from Barcelona to Miami, and the water would have splashed all over the cabin. Which the Jacuzzi was outside on the balcony in corner, could have used daily! Who cares if the balcony gets wet. Shower has issues with leaking water from bottom of sliding door. Lip on shower not high enough, and drain is at the back of shower not front, weird design. Need extra towels in cabin for floor outside of shower.

Arrived at pier at 11 am in Barcelona. Took taxi from Ren. Marriott, 25 Euro. No line to drop off luggage with NCL porters. Went directly into terminal. No line in security. Breezed through. First at counter to check in for Suite. Took 5 mins. Escorted to Suite waiting room where juices/tea/coffee/pastries we offered. Waited 10 mins. and Concierge came and escorted those of us waiting to board. On ship 11:20 am.

(5.5)
We were escorted off the ship by our concierge host. Fast and priority elevator..... pure class!
Read 161 Miami Reviews