Carnival Glory Cruise Review by gnightmoon

Cabin Category: 8C
Entertainment 5+
        13-15 4.0

Mixed bag
First of all, lets say I am a seasoned cruiser, 4th time on the Glory.I feel the more one has cruised, the pickier.

Embarkation was a little slow, the lobby was very full, till they started boarded boarding, guess we were all early.

The ship has shown some wear and I didnt notice the crew going around polishing, etc, as on previous cruises. It was fairly clean but certainly could use some tlc.

It was my first balcony and I am hooked. We do spend time in our room a couple times a day and it was heavenly. No more inside or oceanview for me. Our cabin boy did a decent job but little things like storing suitcases, wasnt done and he didnt bring the customary basket of toiletries till mid week. Pool towels wernt exchanced when used.

I like variety so as far as the food, I ate at the grill, fish and chips, mongolian wok, buffet, pizza and dining room. The grill was good, tho the ff were tastless. Once I dipped them in ranch dressing, they were better. At fish and chips, fish way too breaded and the fish was so tiny when you looked inside. The boullibase was yummy. Mongolian wok was good but once was enought, lines were too long, prep took way too long. Buffet was very good, every day hot items changed, Pizza was decent. Dining rood was very good. At times the food was not real hot, but was rectified. Breakfeast was also very good.

We did not attend shows, been there did that .

As far as tours, shopping in Jamaica is a waste of time.

But the river tubing was by far the best tour I have ever done. I highly reccommend it. My daughter recently had back surgery and the guide took her under his wing, and she had no problem. For me(a grammy) it was so exciting going thru the rapids, water was so clean and such a pretty color.

In GCI we shopped after getting off the tender, enjoyed that. Found some great deals on liquer, had them sent over to the ship, if you do that , do it early in the day, otherwise they wont ship beyond a certain time.

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Airport , very nice(chinese menu to be delivered Awsome)9So is the Italian)and flew home the next day

Publication Date: 11/14/11