Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by CRUISEBOY305

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: BC

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Great weekend cruise.
This was my first cruise with NCL. I had been on Carnival, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean prior to this cruise and I had always been curious about NCL so I decided to start with a 3 day cruise and if I liked it, I would try a 7 day cruise in the future. It was me, my best friend and her boyfriend. This was my friend's very first cruise. I had a standard balcony room to myself and they had a suite somewhere else on the ship.

We all live in Miami so getting to the port was no problem for us at all. We knew exactly were to go, they had signs that pointed us to the correct terminal. Parking though is a bit expensive at the port, $20 a day. For a 3 day cruise we ended up paying $60 which can be steep if you're doing a longer cruise.

Checking in was a breeze. There were hardly any lines at all and getting on board was just as fast. We were on the ship by 12:30pm. My friends had a suite so they were invited to have lunch at the Cagney's Steakhouse and since I was travelling with them, they invited me as well. The food was excellent at this restaurant. For dinner they charge $25, the food is good but not sure if it's worth $25.

At around 1:45pm they announced that the rooms were available. I had a regular balcony, I'm very spoiled when it comes to balcony, I've never been on a cruise where I didn't have a balcony. The rooms are a bit smaller than the standard room size in my opinion. I think next time I go on this ship, I may just get a regular ocean view. Not worth the money.

Overall, the ship is very well kept. The common areas were very clean. Decorations were a bit tacky for my taste but still nice. There's definitely not a shortage of restaurants on the ship. 3 Specialty restaurants, 2 main dining rooms, and 2 buffet areas, and pizza delivery for $5 which is well worth the money. We had dinner one night at Il Adagio. The food was excellent. Price at this restaurant was $10. Plenty of bars on the ship our favorite hangout was the Outriggers Lounge on Deck 11, they had Karaoke every night and on the last night they had "the quest" which is allot of fun. I've done these on Royal Caribbean cruises before (Not sure who copied who here) but we had blast. Staff and service were great. My cabin steward was very attentive. Entertainment was pretty good, they had a comedian / magician. Which was very entertaining, from what I understand he's been with NCL for a long time.

Were scheduled to call in Great Stirrup Cay and Nassau, however the waters were too choppy for the ship tenders so we spent the day at sea. I had been to Nassau several times and so have my friends, nothing special there. We did the Sail and Sea snorkel trip which was very good however allot of standing around and waiting before you actually board the catamaran. They take you out to this reef that is absolutely spectacular. If you like to snorkel then you should definitely do this excursion just be prepared to wait a while.

Of the 3 cruise lines that do the 3-Day Bahamas cruises (Carnival Imagination, RC Majesty of the Seas and Norwegian Sky) I've been on all three ships and after this trip Norwegian Sky is now my favorite of the three ships. Not sure if NCL is my favorite cruise line but this cruise was definitely worth a shot. Service was good, food was plentiful, and entertainment was good as well. . I would definitely do this cruise again.

Publication Date: 11/13/11