Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Bish: Group therapy friends cruise on the SKY

Bish
Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Group therapy friends cruise on the SKY

Sail Date: November 2011
Destination: Bahamas

I organized a group cruise for a group of ladies from our town (some were friends of friends from out of state also). I did this through my NCL personal cruise consultant. I highly recommend this, as our group received many nice amenities, including a free bottle of wine in each room, chocolates and strawberries on arrival to our stateroom, a free group picture for each room, and the best of all, a group cocktail party at Captain Cooks - open bar for one hour!
Many of our ladies were first time cruisers. This ship is a good size for first timers as it is not too big and easy to maneuver around. I would say the only disadvantage to this size is it may rock a bit more, as it did with some rough seas we encountered. Many of us actually had trouble sleeping the first night. It was almost like the ship was bouncing. The next night, the waters were also rough, but the ship was more sway-like. There was a noise coming from the minibar in my stateroom,( which was locked, since More it was the last night) so I couldn't fix the banging, which continued from 3-6am! I think this ship needs better stabilizers! I had a balcony room, which I was grateful for as the rooms seemed very small to me.
Embarkation was a breeze. We were some of the first to come aboard and started enjoying the wonderful buffet food and beverages from the bar right away. The sail away party was jamming-the music was great and energy was high from the staff and dancers on deck. I could tell this was going to be a pretty good party ship! I would not recommend this ship for families for this reason. Great for an adult getaway!
We were disappointed the next day when the captain announced we would not be able to tender into Great Stirrup Cay due to high winds and swells. This really was a bummer for me as I was so looking forward to coming back to GSC as the last time I visited was on my honeymoon 15 years ago-I wanted to see how much it has changed.The next day we docked in Nassau. I had 2 rooms reserved at Comfort Inn Suites, so I was able to get 8 wristbands for access to Atlantis on Paradise Island. Myself and 7 of my lucky friends got to spend the day at Atlantis and many of my friends said this was there favorite part of the trip! We bought some souvenirs from the straw market.
Back on the ship for dinner at a speciality restaurant-Italian. Excellent service and food. Ive eaten here before on the Epic and wanted to share the experience with my friends.
The night before, we had reserved for all 27 in the main dining room and everyone had a chance to eat together. The other nights, people just ate where they wanted. I LOVE freestyle dining!
The cocktail party was my favorite as you can beat free drinks for an hour!
The entertainment on the pool deck was good, as was the offerings at night. I attended the disco scene a few times-always happening, the Quest game show, and "Ship N Dales". I did not use the casino or play bingo, but some of the ladies did--they lost of course! Some attended the variety show the first night and said the singers were terrible, dancers OK.

Overall, the SKY was a great ship for a weekend cruise, especially with a group of friends! Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky Balcony Stateroom Norway Deck 0247

10247 very small. beds in an odd position. bathroom adequate. balcony needed painting, chairs in good shape. pillows hard!