Grand Princess Cruise Review by shirley: NOT so Grand Princess

NOT so Grand Princess

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Southampton

We booked a 3 night mini cruise, to celebrate a special birthday. 2 sisters ,one of whom is disabled and uses a mobility scooter, and myself.We had been looking forward to our cruise for some time.
Embarkation was exceptional, never boarded so fast, cabin was lovely, we had been up-graded, so a wonderful start. Our cabin steward was lovely, very helpful.
Things went down hill fast after this really.
food was good in the buffet, but as a vegetarian i struggled in the main restaurant and ended up eating the same thing on 3 nights!
We decided against a buffet breakfast and went to one of the main restaurants, with waiter service, or not?. we waited for over 20 mins for our order to be taken, 30 mins for our coffee, our (cold) food eventually arrived, after 50 mins, we complained, and ate in the buffet after.
we were unable to dock at St Peters Port, i understand this is a common enough problem, but it seems that other cruise lines , dock else where? we had a sea day More instead, with lots on offer, such as bingo, not to our taste.Such a shame on a 3 day trip.
We checked our on ship accounts on the last day, my disabled sisters was wrong, we went to the customer service desk, and were told this would be put right, we checked again after our meal, it was still wrong, we returned to the desk ! this happened 4 times, and we also qued in the morning before leaving.
It would appear that Princess ask most passengers to take off there own luggage, i had never come across this before, and the results were mayhem, we were unable to get in the lifts, and did not have the option of using the stairs with a disabled scooter. Luggage was strewn over the entire ship, everyone was grumpy, great end to a crap holiday, but worse was to happen.
On attempting to leave the ship, chaos reigned, we qued, for ages, then at the exit we were stopped as my sisters account had been flagged, we felt like criminals, i have never been so embarrassed in my entire life, we were dragged to one side while a phone call was made, and we were then allowed to leave!
Shambles!
I have complained to Princess, i have been told 'they hope to learn from the errors made'
Why has it taken me so long to write this? my sister has only just had the money taken, replaced in her account.
I have crusied many times before and never had such an awful experience. Less

Read more Grand Princess cruise reviews >>