Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by miamivice435: A Halloween/Anniversary Cruise

A Halloween/Anniversary Cruise

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Pros:

Very easy Check-in and out. No long lines. I suggest the self-assist when it comes to your on luggage's. It's much quicker!

The Room we had which was R187 was very clean and spacious!!! The steward we had named Daman was AWESOME. He was always helpful and friendly whenever we saw. He is really DA-Man!

The Paris Restaurant-Buffet had different choices everyday from breakfast, lunch and dinner. The longest time I waited was probably 5 minutes, no big deal. It went pretty quick. They had lots and lots of desserts. The omelet station was quick and made to order. It's no 5 Star by all means. It is a Buffet! And it is VERY CASUAL! The Staff was always smiling and friendly.

The Pizza Bar was really good for a late night snack after The Rex Club. I didn't even realize you could also order Calzone. Next Time.

Mongolian, Rotisserie was great for back up if The Paris Restaurant was busy. The food there was either the same or different as The Paris. More I would walk to both :-) and check it out.

The Sushi Bar was great. You get 3 different samples every night, so you never know what your gonna get. The line wasn't so bad; you just needed to go at the right time. It was ALL YOU CAN EAT, even if you went back for 3rds :-) or 4ths.

MDR Destiny AFT at 8:15pm Assigned Dining or should I say 8:20pm is PERFECT!
The food was great, Especially Captain's Night. I ordered a Shrimp Cocktail/2 Lobster w/butter and garlic shrimp/1 Prime Rib/Caesar Salad and 2 DESSERTS plus more ice cream. This is the night YOU DON'T want to be shy! Frank and Buddi was Awesome! They were always at our service. Frank always remembered our names and always had my soy sauce for my rice. That was a huge PLUS :-)

Room Service, OMG Take ADVANTAGE of it! NO Charge 24 hours. They were very Quick and handy after drinking soooo much. We must of ordered room service 3x a day. No matter who it was they were very fast.

The Lido Deck layout was pretty good. The hot tub for adults was Great when it worked ;-) We met a lot of people there from different ages. It was VERY RELAXING on a nice sunny, breezy or overcast day. I suggest hot tub before going on the wet slide. The pool water doesn't seem to be too cold after you dropped in. The Calypso Jams music was nice to listen too, but I preferred the DJ music they put on while on break much better. It sounded better with the buzz I had all day, lol!

The Serenity Area AKA "Adult Only" was very quite. The only pro about it is that it really is for adults only and we met a lot of people there from different ages. See Cons.

The Fitness Center was very useful and lots of amenities to offer. The best time to workout would be after 8:45am if you don't want to miss out on any machines. They also had an outdoor track. It was very small. It is 11 times around to make a mile.

The Promenade was a very nice area. There was a bar there and it was the center of everything.

The Casino was fun if you have the extra cash to spend. Electronic poker is the way to play and the roulette table is great when it hits your number. We won $200 on Keno ;-) and won more on roulette.

The Rex Club was Great! DJ Clyde played good music from Top 40 to 80's music. I LOVED the Decor. We had FUN TIMES in there every night. If you like dancing, especially Top 40's this is the Club.

The Queen Mary Lounge had Comedy Nights on Tuesday & Thursday. Stanley was stale, it wasn't our kind of humor, but Jerome was HILARIOUS!!! Make time to see him for sure.

The Live Music was all right every time we walked by it to go to Rex Club. The music didn't bring us in to dance.

The Casino Bar had different music like DJ Clyde or The Top 40 Show band and there was JD who played some good country, he looked either lonely or sad :-( when he was singing. I think he should have had a partner to sing with. Maybe that would have perked him up every night.

Day At Sea was our FAVORITE DAY to Relax and do NOTHING ;-)
We enjoyed our last day of vacation to the fullest.

FUN TIMES and Good Memories for sure!!!

Cons:

The Paradise Cruise was very Rocky! Fun Times but Rocky!

There was a bad odor by The Paris Restaurant outdoor seating because of the lifeboats, so we never ate outdoors, but we did bring our food near the pool or the hot tub area.

We noticed that the up keep of the boat in different areas needed attention, because they looked rusty, but they did keep the windows clean. One suggestion for the window washers, use a bigger bucket for the squeegee.

The Serenity Hot Tubs both had issues with either not being hot enough, the jets not working or it had lots of bubbles. We did meet a lot of people there from different ages.

People and their BATH ROBES, come on. OMG! They were aloud to wear their bath rob practically everywhere, anytime, to any show, breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is a time and place for wearing your BATH ROB. I know your on VACATION but so is everyone else ON THE SHIP. Come on now!
Breakfast, to the pool or hot tub and nighttime snacks after midnight should only be aloud.

Dinnertime at Destiny AFT was always rocking or vibrating. For being on the 8th floor you would think you couldn't feel anything on that deck. Don't get me wrong, it didn't affect dinner at all it still tasted great. The only issue was on the first night when we ordered the fish. It was too dry, but the swaying and vibration is forgotten after the 3rd night, lol.

All and all The Paradise wasn't so bad after all. We had a great time!

We can't wait till our next Cruise. We are hooked!!! Less

Read more Carnival Paradise cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Paradise Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Paradise Oceanview Empress R187

Room R187. Let's start with the Noises in the middle of the night that we heard in our cabin. Something kept clanging against the boat and once you woke up in the middle of the night you couldn't go back to sleep unless you were knocked out from drinking, which happened a few nights. Those were the nights I could sleep. We were right across from the employee walkway room. You can hear them go through in and out of the door. I suggest that after midnight they should respect our sleep time and be more quite going in and out at least till 8am in the morning. I thought the space in the room was great for 2 people. The cabin had plenty of space to put your clothes, shoes, luggage, etc... Daman had a nice towel art and chocolates waiting for us.

Hmm, Catalina Island. It was a nice little island. We did lots of walking and saw a lot of cool shops. Besides renting bikes, renting a golf cart, taking a shuttle or signing up for an expensive excursion what else can you do in such a short time and really getting your moneys worth. They did have good fish and chips and salsa at The Pier.

Hey its Baja California, what else can you say. Your Choice of activities for the day are: all you can walk, rent an ATV to get you around, have yourself shuttled to a winery or a blowhole and drinking as much Tequila samples for free or just signing up for an expensive excursion. Hmm, what to do: shopping and getting great deals for your items, drinking and eating fish or shrimp tacos was our Fun Times.
Read 251 Ensenada Reviews