Carnival Elation Cruise Review by lovelyaley: First time fun

Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Western Caribbean Cruises

First time fun

Sail Date: January 2011
Embarkation: Mobile

I was 21 and my husband was 26 at the time of our cruise. We left out of Mobile, AL in January 2011 on the Carnival Elation. The port in Mobile was TERRIBLE. I will never sail out of Mobile again. The personell at the port were some of the rudest people I have ever met in my life. Anyways moving on to the cruise ship itself. It was a rather large ship with lots and lots to do. We were in one of the staterooms with bunk beds. We loved having the bunk beds because if we felt sick sleeping one way, we could just switch beds and sleep facing another direction. If we wanted to sleep in the same bed it was very possible because we used to sleep on a twin bed when we first got married. I was very surprised that the staff treated us just as good as the people with balcony rooms. We were still able to order room service and had all the benefits of staying in a pricey room except for the ocean view. Hey that's what the Sky deck is for right?

The Food: The formal dinning was More amazing! We ordered as much as we could eat. On lobster night we got two plates a piece! We had exceptional service and the most friendly waiters! We ate there every night except for the last night when we were both too sea sick to attend.

The Shows: Didn't get to do a lot in this department. Wasn't sure when/ where shows were. We did go to karaoke the first night and it was quite entertaining! Drunk people+rocking boat+Sir Mix A lot= best show ever!

COZUMEL: We had a great experience in Cozumel! We hopped in a cab and went to Club Cozumel Caribe. It's the best kept secret in Cozumel! The water was so clear and the snorkeling was fantastic! It was $40 a piece for the cab far and the snorkeling together. The people were very friendly. A great deal, one you couldn't get by purchasing through Carnival.

Over all it was a great experience and I would definitely do it again (but just sail out of a different port next time). We are cruising again with Carnival in May 2012 and can't wait! To whoever reads this: have fun and enjoy your cruise on this flashy fun ship! Less

Read more Carnival Elation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Elation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Elation Upper/Lower Empress

The cabin is small yet cozy. We love our little room over the engine.