Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by atejada0411: Great vacation on the Miracle!

atejada0411
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Western Caribbean Cruises

Great vacation on the Miracle!

Sail Date: June 2010
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I went on a sailing on the Carnival Miracle 6/2010 leaving from NY. The check-in was pretty smooth...the only problem was that the air-conditioning in the building was out so waiting online was a bit uncomfortable due to the heat and humidity. The people at the check-in counter were very nice. There were 8 of us total, including my parents who are 50, my husband and we that are 30, a friend that is also 30, and 3 cousins aged 17, 21, and 33. We were able to go right to our rooms which were all balcony rooms on the 7th deck. They were nice rooms which were well decorated and a decent size. The bathroom is a bit small, but that is to be expected. The cleaning staff did a great job keeping the rooms clean. The beds weren't bad either...not great pillows, but not terrible. It was nice because all 4 rooms were right next to each other. I had cruised previously on the Carnival Legend...which is a "sister" ship to this as it is laid out almost exactly the same.

The pools More were nice and clean. The tempature was always comfortable. It was nice that there was an "adult's only" section. Although I they need to do a better job of keeping kids out of this area as some parents think cause their kids are teens it is ok...no sorry...it is ADULTS ONLY! I am usually not picky about most things, but I didn't want to be around a bunch of 13 year olds in the ADULTS ONLY section.

As for the food, that part was for most part excellent. The lunch in the buffet was ok...but breakfast was always great. The dinner in the main dining room was excellent. We had the 8pm dining and it was great. The waitstaff really gets to know you and even remembered some of our names! It was so nice and we never had a bad meal there. The free sushi was a nice touch too...it was always good and you could have as much as you wanted. Room service was good too...my only complaint is that you couldn't "change" anything. For instance, we wanted to get a grilled cheese with bacon...they said no, so we would order a BLT and grilled cheese to add the bacon...kinda silly if you ask me! However being able to order chocolate chip cookies at 1 am was awesome! The night time pizza was good too!

All in all we had a great cruise. The entertainment staff was really great and we actually saw the cruise director everywhere...not just at the shows like some cruises. The comedy shows were nice...I like that they had an adults only night for that too. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Miracle Balcony Empress

Great view, comfy bed, decent size closet, small bathroom...nice roomy baclony.