Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by txgal08

Cruise Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 8E
Spa & Fitness 5+

Great experience and very convenient!
First, when you read reviews posted on any website, keep in mind that most people don't tell you when they have a good experience - usually it is only the bad experiences! Also, there are over 2000 people on board of this ship and very few reviews based on the number of sailings. So take all reviews with a grain of salt.

This was my 3rd cruise and 2nd on Carnival. We were cruising with a group of just over 100 people from church for our singles group retreat. I did not hear ANY bad experiences from anyone in our group.

All the usual activities were present - lots of game show type shows, lots of specials in the gift shop, lots of bands, karaoke, etc. We used another excursion provider, so I can't speak on Carnival's options but I would have used Carnival next time.

The food was very good to excellent. I ate at the deli, the chinese place (Chopsticks) and in the Paris dining room. I did not eat at the buffet for lunch or dinner. I would recommend eating in the dining room, as the food was much better.

Our room was really great! We had a balcony on the 7th level and the bathroom was large, plenty of closet space and the bathroom was large enough for two of us to get ready at the same time. I don't think I can go back to an interior room or room with a port hole.

The shows were great too! The comedians were very funny (we didn't go to the adult show) and the dancers were amazing! Don't miss any of the full scale shows! I missed one and I am sad that I did.

I would highly recommend this cruise and would do it again! Don't listen to all the negativity that some sour people want to spread. Go, cruise and have fun!

Publication Date: 11/12/11