Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by deniseallencan

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by deniseallencan
Bahamas Celebration
Bahamas Celebration
Member Name: deniseallencan
Cruise Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Freeport
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 4
Value-for-Money 5+

Great Cruise for the Price!
First let me say that I have cruised numerous times so I had very low expectations for this cruise. I was very pleased from the moment we stepped on board. The decor was understated and attractive. The staff was welcoming and personable. We dined in the Crystal Restaurant our first night. I was traveling with my family (10 of us!) and we were quickly seated and the service was great. The food quality was good, not great, but good. The only problem I had on the ship was the rocking motion while at sea. Be prepared to take something because you will need it. Problem number two, the outlets in the room are not meant for regular plug in items so you must get a converter from the cabin steward. This are in a limited supply so ask early.

Our cruise included two nights at the Our Lucaya Resort in The Bahamas. Once we checked in (took about 30 minutes in line) the room and the resort were way beyond our expectations! Beautiful room, soft bed, and amazing pool. I never wanted to leave this place.

Now here is where the trip took a BAD turn. We prepaid our bus transfer back to the ship. Forbes Transfers was the bus line. We had reserved seating for all ten of us on the first bus. I assisted my 88 year old parents onto the bus and went to place the wheelchair in the luggage compartment. Bus line employee, Portia, ordered me and my husband off the bus by yelling NO NO NO in our faces. She said we had cut in line and refused our travel on the bus. I tried to explain that I was traveling with my elderly parents and that I had their insulin, passports, etc with me. She refused to listen and would not allow us to travel with the family. She permitted numerous other passengers with later reservations to get on the bus until it was over loaded. Our luggage and my scared parents left without us. We caught the next bus 30 minutes later. In the meantime, our luggage was returned to the resort because we were not on there to claim it. So we had to catch another bus back to the resort. Portia ordered my husband to the back of line line again! We spent 5 hours trying to get ourselves back on the ship. DO NOT TAKE THE FORBES BUS TRANSFER. Take a cab. They are horrible and need some employee training.

We reported all of this to the ship, but they have yet to refund our money or apologize for our missing 5 hours of vacation, lunch, and the abuse that we endured.

On our last night we ate in RIOS. Emerson, the manager, made the evening so special. The food was superb, staff was friendly, and they almost wiped out the bad memory of the day trying to get back on the ship.

I would take this cruise again tomorrow! Take some Dramamine and use cabs. You will love this adventure.

Publication Date: 11/12/11