Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by zumbaguy

Carnival Freedom
Member Name: zumbaguy
Cruise Date: October 2011

Great Weather Great Fun
My wife and I enjoyed the Carnival Freedom. With everything we observed online about the weather in the Caribbean, I hoped that the worst would be over before we set sail and thankfully, my hopes came true.

Was smooth. Due to the crew from the previous cruise taking a bit longer than expected to be processed through customs, we had to wait until 11:45 before the ship began boarding. Once we began boarding everything moved along quickly.

Food

This class of ship is good for food! Once my wife and I made it on the ship we went directly to Deck 11 and ate fish and chips.

On our first night we ate at the Sun King Steakhouse and the food was well worth the extra $30 per person. We both had a special 5 spice rib-eye steak.

The deli was on point as well. I loved the hot pastrami sandwiches on a country roll.

The pizza bar was a hit and I don't think I have ever eaten that man ice cream cones in my life.

We ate dinner in the Posh Dining room with was waaaay at the back of the ship. This would normally be fine but since we were waayyyyy in the front of the ship, it took us a couple of times to make it to our dining room without getting lost. Our dining room was on deck 3 and our stateroom was on deck 6, but deck 3 was not a through deck so we could not simply go down to deck 3 and walk to the back where our dining room was. It was fun though as it added to our pre-meal adventure.

All of the entertainment on board was great. I got to watch the Kansas City Chiefs play the San Diego Chargers on that huge screen on the lido deck so I was in AFC West heaven!

As for music, there was a band playing Latin music every night. Loved it! There was also an Asian cover band that was great. Make sure you check them out!

Regarding comedy, John Rathmore was extremely funny. Tyson, who is part of the entertainment staff is also a riot. He opened up for the comedy shows and I really would have liked to hear him do a full set.

As for the entertainment productions, I loved both shows. I was chatting with one of the dancers and she told me that Carnival is looking to drastically cut the size of the dancers from like 14 to 4. I seriously hope that is only a rumor because I really love seeing the productions after dinner...we can watch a move at home.

Ports

We went to all of our ports and enjoyed perfect weather. No worries mon!

Final Thoughts

This vacation was a blast. We met good people and we had a good mix of fun and relaxation.

Publication Date: 11/12/11