Carnival Magic Cruise Review by RickPie: One Happy Cruiser

One Happy Cruiser

Sail Date: May 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

After reading several negative reviews about the Magic, I must say I am stunned and amazed at what people will complain about. I suppose you just can't make everyone happy, no matter how hard you try.

We sailed on the Carnival Magic in May through the Western Mediterranean. I thought Carnival did a great job with this, their newest ship. I, for one, am very happy with the direction Carnival is heading with the Magic. I was impressed with the color scheme and artwork throughout the ship. There were lots of open spaces to hang out, have a cocktail or watch the world go by. The adults serenity area was a fantastic place to relax. I really enjoyed the piano bar and the nightclub was one of the best I've seen at sea.

We took advantage of the My Time dining plan. We happened to get a great waiter and dining staff the first night, so we requested the same wait staff each night of our cruise. They worked tirelessly to provide us a wonderful dining experience. The food in the More main dining room was very good to excellent, exceeding my expectations. I especially enjoyed the braised short ribs and the chocolate melting cake. The Lido buffet was large, with plenty of space to find somewhere to sit. It never felt crowded and there were plenty of good options for breakfast and lunch. The specialty steak house was also a wonderful treat. The food there was excellent and the wait staff did an outstanding job.

We were booked in a balcony cabin in category 8E. We were very impressed with our cabin. The beds were very comfortable, the cabins were large and we were able to get an adjoining cabin with friends we were traveling with. We opened the partition between balconies, which made it great to be outside with our friends for breakfast or share an evening glass of wine. Our cabin steward was exceptionally efficient and friendly. He met all of our requests in a timely manner and went above and beyond the call of duty.

We had the pleasure of having Ron Pass in the piano bar on our sailing. He was incredibly entertaining and talented. We enjoyed his show several evenings and watched how the crowds to his shows were a little bigger each night.

All in all our cruise was a truly great experience. I will definitely sail Carnival again. Although some have complained on this site about their experience, All I want to say is a huge Thank you to Carnival and an even bigger Thank you to the staff on our sailing. I appreciate all you did to make our experience Magic! I am one happy cruiser. Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>