Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Lido lounge lizard: Allure of The Seas The Eleventh Wonder of The World

Lido lounge lizard
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Allure of The Seas The Eleventh Wonder of The World

Sail Date: October 2011

I started sailing in 1990 with RCCL and a lot of changes have taken place in the cruising industry. I really enjoyed the Allure of The Seas. The ship is of destination if you enjoy cruising you should witness for yourself. The embarkation process was smooth and the time to get on was only ten minutes. Once on board we headed out to explore the ship before it became over crowded. The elevators were hard to get the first day. If you have a hard time walking this ship would not be a good choice for you. I was traveling with my family and we went to see our table in the main dining room and RCCL managed to screw up the number of people in our party. This has happened on the last 3 cruises and now you get to stand in line for an hour to hopefully get the situation rectified. Thank goodness my brother in law has more patience than me. The table was corrected by the second night of the cruise. The food in the dining room was just ok and the menu selection was weak at best. My party ended up More eating at the specialty restaurants. Izume was the best for lunch, Chops was ok, 150 was ok but bring and extra cushion for the 3 plus hour experience,(would not do again) Samba had a great salad bar but the food was horrible don't waste you time. The Park Cafe was a great place to eat any time of the day and Central Park was a great place to hang out.

The staterooms are very small in comparison the the other new builds and not worth the price. I feel sorry for anyone over 5'10 and over 190 pounds you may not fit in the showers. You may want to soap up prior to entering the shower just so you can get in. Holland and Celebrity have the best staterooms for a third of the price. Holland also gives you a full size tub with a balcony stateroom.

The shows were great and the Agua Theater was the best.

I am glad I went on this ship and will seek out smaller ships in the future. If you have children this ship will serve you well. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Central Park view Stateroom with Balcony Deck 10

Too small don't waste your money.

The best port on the cruise. This place has been cleaned up and looks great.

The economic downturn has had a major impact on St. Thomas. Not what it once was in its hay day.
Read 2323 St. Thomas Reviews