Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by muggsy60

Cabin Category: 9B
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Meh
First time cruiser, left Galveston 10/30/11.

Have heard all my life how 'wonderful' food is on a cruise.

Wonderful is not a synonym for 'abundant' and 'constant' and 'inedible'. I know because I looked it up.

I am not a picky eater. Food was mediocre or gross. Food was either fried, cold, or both, but mostly cold. I must say the fruits and veggies were generally fresh and I did have several great salads. At dinner, order the fresh for today food, it's somewhat fresher. If you get the every day food, it's what's offered every day and has sat prepared on a plate until someone orders it. Desserts were plain and tasteless, except for the creme brulee which was offered only one night. The all you can eat ice cream was terrible. A friend brought me some and to be nice I ate a spoonful and I threw the rest away and I have a big sweet tooth. Fish and chips were extra greasy for those of you desiring clogged arteries. I actually enjoyed the hamburger which was beyond dry but was so hungry from our excursions, we wolfed it down. The fries were actually not bad if you got them fresh out of the fryer. My husband said the hot dog was good. The pizza looked terrible, but I think most people on that cruise would have eaten it and anything else in sight, judging by the size of the asses on board.

Scale of 1 - 10, I would give this food a 4. I have had better hospital food.

Crew was as expected. Attentive and considerate. Uninspiring games, like the Scavenger Hunt, ended in a white trash family throwing down with each other over wrong answers and security had to be called. All for the want of a plastic ship trophy made in China.

Pianist at piano bar was 'chopping broccoli' if you are familiar with Dana Carvey on SNL.

Jamaica was a huge disappointment. Dirty and crime ridden, 75% of all port shops closed.

Cozumel and Grand Cayman saved the trip.

Publication Date: 11/10/11