Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Aceybacey: First transatlantic

First transatlantic

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Other

This was our first transatlantic cruise, we had horrible weather leaving our last port, Lisbon Portugal. A storm was brewing and even though Captain Pagonis who was wonderful had the stabilizers fully extended, took the ship off course and headed south we had to hold on in our beds for dear life as the 22 ft seas and 40 mph winds were attacking the ship. Looking out our balcony door it looked like the movie the perfect storm, everything not tied down was crashing around. Thank goodness this only lasted 36 hrs. otherwise, we had a fabulous time. We ate in all the specialty restaurants, except Tuscan,our favorite was Quisine. We loved the iPad menus, the play on food and the creative presentation. The Lawn Club was fun too I got to make my own flat bread pizza and if you wanted you could grill your own steaks. Our main dining room waiter, stateroom attendant and all the staff were very attentive.

We only have 2 criticisms, my husband is visibly impaired and has a More difficult time eating in dimly lit restaurants, so we have to check out the restaurants before hand to see if there are any better lit tables, we couldn't eat in Tuscan because the restaurant was just to dark. The other criticism is when you go to the spa for treatments you are pressured to purchase produtcts after your treatment. In my case I refused to purchase the $585.00 worth of products my facialist tried to sell me, when I refused her attitude changed and she left the room and never came back,

The cruise director Paul was great! He even sang at the final variety show. What a wonderful voice. All the entertainment on board was fantastic.

This was our 8th celebrity cruise, our 3rd this year, we will be back! Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette Concierge Class Panorama Deck (9) 1123

Our cabin was great, mid ship, plenty of room, spacious bathrooms, lovely balcony