Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by RippedLevisFla: Bahamas Celebration - Great Halloween fun

RippedLevisFla
Member Since 2011

Bahamas Celebration - Great Halloween fun

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

In reading the past reviews regarding the Bahamas Celebration has not gotten a fair shake or many time a bum rap. If you read the ship's bio, you know that it is not a massive ocean liner or the biggest cruise ship on the high seas. It doesn't have all the glitz and glamour of some other cruise, but what it is has is spirit. From the moment we were welcomed aboard the Bahamas Celebration the crew made us feel at home. They are probably one of the friendliest staff out there.

Our cabin, 7330, was basic in its decor, but the bed was very comfortable, the comforters very nice, the air conditioning was awesome, and Luis, the Cabin Steward, was terrific. He kept the cabin spotless; well supplied with towels; ice cube; and much more. He makes some of the best and unusual towel animals I've ever seen.

The ship, while older, was all decorated for Halloween with cob webs, spiders, witches, balloons and much more. It really got you in the mood for
Halloween fun. The More public rooms were a big surprise. The lounges were very comfortable and nicely appointed; the Crystal Dining Room was very pretty and as nice as many other ships. We especially loved the Trattoria de Gerry in the afternoon for coffee and something sweet. The fruit tarts were delicious.

The Cove Restaurant, a surcharge dining experience, was well worth the added expense. The fillet Mignon and lobster tail were as good if not better than some high end ships I've traveled on. The only disappoint regarding the food was that the morning buffet in the Rio Restaurant seemed short on options as a big portion of the line was not stocked with items; the food was not hot; and there was not a slice of bacon anywhere. It would have been nice, but I certainly did not go hungry.

The shows were very good and featured two different comedians from the Comedy Channel: a singer that was excellent as she did Tina Turner's "Proud Mary" proud; and the cirque acts were different were well performed and worked well in the show.

What really was fun were the masquerade ball; parade of the costumed people; and the costume contest. There were all kinds of creatures from a family of smurfs to fallen angels,a headless butler, and much much more. It made for a great Halloween cruise experience. I got to take lots of pictures that turned out quite well if I do say so myself.

As for our port of call, Free port Bahamas, we did the Lucaya Resort Beach Experience which was a great way to spend the day in port. The resort was well appointed; the grounds beautiful to stroll; the beach was good and the water is spectacular in color. The pool was a little chilly but you could still gt in for a few minutes. It was a beautiful day in every way. After lunch there, we walked a short distance to go through the shops and straw market. The stores were OK, and the straw market pleasant. It was nice to see the ladies making their straw items by hand instead of selling stuff that was stamped "Made in China" I even bought a nice straw fedora with a grey hat band that actually fit and looked well.

Although the hawking of cocktails all the time can be a bit annoying, you cannot complain about the quality of drinks. The few drinks I did have all had a kick to them. (It's a good thing I had water and ice on the side to "tame them down".). This cruise was high energy as it has to be to get all the activities in a a few short days. Is it the typical cruise experience , probably not; do you get your money's worth of fun , definitely yes. Would I take another Celebrity Cruise, Yes; would I take another Holland America or Cunard cruise - yes. Would I take a cruise on the biggest ships afloat probably not. Would I take another weekend cruise on the Bahamas Celebration . Of course I would.

Take it from this ripped Levis and t-shirt kinda guy, I met some great people; had lots of laughs, experienced a new port of call; and was amazed at how much a Halloween could be. The cruise was much more than we expected. Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>